Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
I am the one people warn you about.
badge
Lord of Dorkness
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a three player game tonight and we couldn't figure out with just three turns how can you gt taller than level three? I thought we might be missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the tallest building I ever saw was 11 stories, so ya, I'm afraid you're missing something, though I cannot tell what it is without more information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Teserovitch
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shouit wrote:
We played a three player game tonight and we couldn't figure out with just three turns how can you gt taller than level three? I thought we might be missing something.

I have played three times and never had a game without at least 1 building exceeding 3 floors.

Are you placing upper floors during the first round? Only the very first building tile placed by the very first player must be a first floor building. After that, you can start building upwards. Remember that building upper levels does not require a bidding chip for tile placement. Also remember that you cannot place a first floor tile unless you have at least one bidding chip in one of the zones to be covered. You will likely run out of legal first floor places to build well before the building tiles are exhausted in a round.

In a three player game each player has a chance to play a minimum of 12 building tiles (4 tiles per turn), so 36 total. In theory, you could have a 36 floor building if it were possible to place all the tiles directly on top of each other. Obviously, building straight up scores less points because there are no bonus points gained from bidding chips.

How many building tiles are you failing to place in a round? At most, we had 3 left over for the entire game that had to be discarded. Remember that the mixed use segments on the building tiles are wild for the tile being placed and also for the tile being placed on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Rensch
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
I am the one people warn you about.
badge
Lord of Dorkness
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnTes wrote:

Are you placing upper floors during the first round? Only the very first building tile placed by the very first player must be a first floor building. After that, you can start building upwards. Remember that building upper levels does not require a bidding chip for tile placement. Also remember that you cannot place a first floor tile unless you have at least one bidding chip in one of the zones to be covered. You will likely run out of legal first floor places to build well before the building tiles are exhausted in a round.

We thought you had to bid for all buildings. Awesome, thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.