2 Posts

Axis & Allies: 1942» Forums » Variants

Subject: My Trans rules-- loading, invading etc. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
Because I have added additional units to the game and some of them have fractional costs [with halfs], I let Trans carry $8.5 worth of stuff. Ex. a Hv. Tank costs $6 and a Marine Inf. costs $2.5 so they fit.

I let just $5 worth of Inf. invade from a Trans. The other $3 to $5 worth can land in the non-combat phase if you take the island or terr. So, 2 Mar. can invade and they both attack at 1 so it is as if you landed with 2 old Inf., but you still have $3-$5 worth of more units to land (usually an Inf., but can be a Tank). So with a little planning you get 40% more stuff on each Trans, but don't plan and you will be invading with just 1 Inf.

Also, Trans were usually sunk when they had troops on them not when they were empty. So, a Trans can only load 1 unit (or 2 Mar. Inf.) where they start, they can waste 1 space and load another unit or, move 1 and load 1. Then move 1 to unload/invade. Therefore Trans are often loaded at the end of your turn with 1 unit. They can always do this, even new and even new units can be loaded. This is a negative for several reasons, mainly it exposes 1 troop unit to be lost with each Trans.

If Trans are using double speed in non-combat move phase rule, they pay 2 spaces to wait to load another unit at their starting location.

You really ought to try this double speed non-combat move rate. Note- it is really plus 2 so speed 3 ships become speed 5, not 6.Note-- it now looks to be possible for a Ftr to fly 4 off a CV and then land in the non-combat movement phase on the CV which also moves 4. This is only possible if the Ftr could have landed on another CV in the battle SZ, because you must state where every Ftr will land before combat and the 1st CV can't move there until after you have sunk all the enemy ships there. Since you can't be sure to win you can't do it. Since the Ftr has already moved 4, it can't even land on an island in that SZ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too many notes, Mozart!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.