Shaun Derrick
United Kingdom
Coventry
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Union of Arras card specifies that once played as an event all orange/yellow spaces are treated as Spanish HOME spaces. Does this mean the Spanish player may build Spanish units there or is the restriction of rule 17.2c still applicable?
If Spain cannot build units there even after the play of this card, what is the significance of those spaces becoming Home spaces for Spain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 32 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
See first paragraph of 2.5, split home spaces basically allow the 2 powers to recruit new units there (As long as they control the space of course).

Union of Arras temporarily forever waives this, meaning that even if some of the spaces are controlled by the Protestant, he cannot build new units there for the remainder of the turn game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hejda
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Marcon wrote:
Union of Arras temporarily waives this, meaning that even if some of the spaces are controlled by the Protestant, he cannot build new units there for the remainder of the turn.

No, the only effect, that is temporary, is that protestant cannot make rebelions in Netherlands for the rest of the turn. The spaces will not be protestant home spaces ever again.

I still have one question about this card - do I understand it correctly, that each space can only be targeted once, so if some space is protestant both politically and religiously, Spain can make them Spaniards or Catholics but not both (the same applies when Protestant gives up spaces to French because of Gouvernante de France)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
Yes, the card text says either or.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 32 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
bhejda wrote:

No, the only effect, that is temporary, is that protestant cannot make rebelions in Netherlands for the rest of the turn. The spaces will not be protestant home spaces ever again.

Holy crap, you're right. Edited my post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.