Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only play Thunderstone by the Epic rules created by Richard Lanius (all cards are used in big piles of "weapons" "spells" etc.). I'm wondering if this expanison would work well with that system. For example, the hordes from the first expansion don't work with Epic rules so I can't use them anymore.

Thanks,
Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Crockett
United States
Bridgewater
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Horde anSwarm were two of the reasons I modified Epic to use the base gamerules for monstr category selection, I still use te epic town set-up, but pick three monster categories as per non-epic. Personally I prefer it because a lot of monster categories affect your deckbilding strategy (high strenght against Golems versus swarm tactics against Bandits fr example.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vertayk wrote:
Horde anSwarm were two of the reasons I modified Epic to use the base gamerules for monstr category selection, I still use te epic town set-up, but pick three monster categories as per non-epic. Personally I prefer it because a lot of monster categories affect your deckbilding strategy (high strenght against Golems versus swarm tactics against Bandits fr example.)

Good point. I like the idea of Epic, but I am NOT going to play without a horde. It's just too interesting a mechanic to sacrifice.

Besides, I played Horde in WoW. Undead Mage, FTW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I do miss the horde. But it's worth it in my opinion. Definitely breathed more life into the game my group.

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian McMahon
msg tools
Did you ever get the expansion? I only play epic also. If you did how did it work out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.