Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A while back, two of the guys I game with decided they wanted to play a big game. A really big game. So, I let them take our playtest pack and go wild. The result was a five hour game that took up most of a living room floor. The armies are below, and then I'll try to give a few highlights.

Armageddon I
Archer (C) 50 x4
Conscript (C) 45 x4
Darkstone Mercenary (C) 60 x2
Endeskeep Raider (C) 50 x2
Marchland Defender (U2) 60 x2
OtherOne Disciple (U1) 75 x1
Swordwitch Healer (U1) 70 x1
Swordwitch Hexbearer (U1) 70 x1
Swordwitch Wardancer (U1) 70 x1
Theronic Crusader (U2) 75 x2
Theronic Sentinel (U2) 65 x2
Vanguard (C) 45 x2
Forest 1 x5
Wall 1 x5
Battlement 5 x3
Total: 1400 points

Armageddon II
Archer (C) 50 x4
Conscript (C) 45 x4
Darkstone Mercenary (C) 60 x2
Endeskeep Raider (C) 50 x2
Marchland Defender (U2) 60 x2
Swordwitch Healer (U1) 70 x1
Swordwitch Hexbearer (U1) 70 x1
Swordwitch Wardancer (U1) 70 x1
Theronic Crusader (U2) 75 x2
Theronic Sentinel (U2) 65 x2
Vanguard (C) 45 x4
Forest 1 x10
Total: 1400 points

Wow. I wish I could have been there to see this one. Even with all the units everywhere, they said it went fairly smoothly. There were a couple of times they overlooked a Swordwitch Invocation, but overall they said it was a lot of fun. Marchland Defenders and Endeskeepe Raiders danced around each other, each trying to keep the other from slipping by. Theronic Crusaders crushed all who stood before them, while Vanguards slipped from wooded shadow to stab pretty much everyone in the back while they were engaged. The guy playing the second army has a notoriously effective record with Vanguards, and this time was apparently no exception. The OtherOne Disciple got the MVP nod from Player 1. Between Burn and Battleward, she more than paid for herself he said. Player 1 ended up conceding the game with two units left, while Player 2 had about 6 I believe.

Huge game. I believe it was played on a living room floor, luckily in a house with no pets! I'm definitely trying a big game soon. Maybe not this big, but definitely in the 500-750 range.

-Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the kinds of battle I dream about.

Kudos two both players for not only running such a large army, but also managing to keep most of their spell abilities in mind. Battleward would indeed favor large battles like this, especially when grouped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.