Popular Tags: [View All]
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The people who wanted replacement cards for the "errata" cards from the 1st printing, probably wouldn't be satisfied with the results. I just got my copy of the 2nd printing a few days ago, and the card backs are very different in color and saturation from the 1st printing. So the cards wouldn't match if you just swapped in a few.

(2nd printing on left, 1st printing on right)

This is going to be an issue if there's an expansion. The expansion cards might match the 1st printing, or they might match the 2nd printing, but they can't match both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were variations even in the first printing; the pre-production copies that were at Essen had overly dark/over-saturated artwork as compared to the "proper" print run (based upon my observations of a couple of different copies). Not that it matters (although presumably when an expansion comes out it might. A little bit. But probably not to me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My Turn Yet?
United States
Kirkland
WA
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="My Turn Yet?
badge
30 Days, 0 plays
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I'm glad that I took the time (and $$) to sleeve my cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of my second printing cards vary in contrast within the same deck, although maybe not as drastically as the examples here.

I just realized that the image on the card backs is of the four heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Some of my second printing cards vary in contrast within the same deck, although maybe not as drastically as the examples here.

Yes, there's definitely also variation among the 2nd printing cards, but a lot less than the difference between the 1st and 2nd printing. And it's variable enough that no one card stands out, they just all vary slightly from lighter to darker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iron James Rackham
msg tools
mbmbmb
red black wrote:
Solid back card sleeves.

That would work, but you shouldn't need to have them to be able to fully enjoy an expansion just because you were an early adopter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt McCourty
United Kingdom
Altrincham
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
ironJames wrote:
red black wrote:
Solid back card sleeves.

That would work, but you shouldn't need to have them to be able to fully enjoy an expansion just because you were an early adopter...

I'm in the same boat.. what else can you do?

Just play the game and ignore it.

I am sure it will not be that big of a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to sleeve then with clear sleeves but black ones came in. Not sure if I messed up the order or not. With the different backings, I'm tempted to still go with clear sleeves since it would still make it easier to keep card types separate. My ignorant guess is the expansion would match the 2nd printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Engel

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
Solid back card sleeves.

I have them in clear sleeves now, because I actually like the card backs. I don't think this is a dealbreaker really for expansions, though it is a little annoying. The Ascension expansions weren't even the same size cards and we still play that without any sleeves and it doesn't really create any problems except with shuffling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
anything else different in terms of components?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not see it as an issue for anyone getting a second copy just for the replacement cards. Just play with the entire second copy of the game. It is a potential issue when/if expansions come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duckizz wrote:
anything else different in terms of components?

I noticed several card text corrections/clarifications. More than I was expecting. It would be nice to have a complete list, but I don't know if I'll have time to put one together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be able to help.

Planning
Crystal mastery
Maximal effect

I think they are the only 3 cards to get tweaked wording, apart from the errata ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
I might be able to help.

Planning
Crystal mastery
Maximal effect

I think they are the only 3 cards to get tweaked wording, apart from the errata ones.

Could be. One that I noticed was Crystal Mastery.

There are also some changes to site description cards.

I do like the brighter, more saturated color of the new card backs, better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jefferies
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
My name is Oobydoob Scooby-dooby Banooby. I have the silliest name in the galaxy. (Thumb Wars)
mbmbmbmbmb
Are replacement cards even being offered? If so, where would be apply for them? Or if we wanted to buy a second edition deck to replace the first edition...where would we get those? I'd spend money on a new deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
I might be able to help.

Planning
Crystal mastery
Maximal effect

Can you post official scans of the new cards, for people who want to do pasteups? I could take scans of mine but you seem to have been able to get permission to release the "official" version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:
I might be able to help.

Planning
Crystal mastery
Maximal effect

Can you post official scans of the new cards, for people who want to do pasteups? I could take scans of mine but you seem to have been able to get permission to release the "official" version.

Thay are already available here on the geek...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:
I might be able to help.

Planning
Crystal mastery
Maximal effect

Where? I thought we had the errata'd ones, not the reworded ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

Me too. The first time I saw the new version of Crystal Mastery was when I took it from the offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:
I might be able to help.

Planning
Crystal mastery
Maximal effect

Sorry! I thought you meant the errata'd ones. Don't know that they reworded them in the second edition... modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
North Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oobydoob wrote:
Are replacement cards even being offered? If so, where would be apply for them? Or if we wanted to buy a second edition deck to replace the first edition...where would we get those? I'd spend money on a new deck.

+1

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Being that I have the whole Talisman 2nd edition set that has inconsistent card colors in just about very expansion...I don't see this being a huge issue.

Sure you might see the card back and know if it is an expansion card or not, but that doesn't mean it will be easy to figure out what it is exactly. It just means you can narrow down it's origin.

Plus, even if you could...it was always fun to play Talisman with friends and tell them to "draw your dungeon door". When they would flip over the next adventure card and it was a dungeon door, I would always get back "How did you know?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Are all the 1st edition cards plagued with this problem, or was it hit or miss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.