John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So i was thinking of replacing the Command Counters and Control Markers that come with TI3.

I would like to have them generic, following the ship colors, so for each set of ships, I would have matching plastic, or wooden triangle tokens for the Command Counters, and some other, maybe rectangular shaped tokens for the flags.

I find it is really unnecessary to have a set for each race, and having generic ones would really be better.

Did anyone do this?

Anyone know if there are good replacements I could buy online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just go for some wooden cubes/discs. It's actually a pretty good idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Litko looks awsome, shame it would be very costly to order sets for all colors

Thanks for the tip!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a decent idea, but if they're color-matched they could easily get lost in the mix of ships and make people think a system hasn't been activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Streicher
msg tools
mbmb
If you order somewhere in europe pls contact me. I would really love to have those TI fleet bases but i guess its costly to get them oversea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Mestre dos Magos wrote:

I find it is really unnecessary to have a set for each race, and having generic ones would really be better.

I can agree that having counters for each individual race is not strictly necessary and I can see why some people might prefer a generic set of tokens that can be kept with the ships.

However, since I already have tokens for every race baggied up and combined with their racial techs, home planets and leaders, I don't really feel compelled to fix what ain't broke, so to speak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.