Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love this game! Played the expanded edition and liked the pegboard concept. But what's the best way to use them in a 8 player game after you "reveal your vote", especially when you use 2 pegs?

Do you have each player lay out their pegboards directly in front of each card for the 1st peg, score, and then pick up all the pegboards from the table and reorder the pegboards based on the 2nd peg for another round of scoring?

Do you go player by player and have each player reveal their selected two positions, while they hold their own pegboard, do the appropriate scoring, and then move to the next player?

Or do you give the pegboards to the storyteller who then orders them into his/her hand in a manner easiest for them?

Having only played one game so far, I found the way I was doing it somewhat awkward, causing me to skip a key step in the first few rounds of voting like awarding a player 3 points for finding the storyteller card. Also because the pegs are long, players had a tendency of pushing the pegs all the way through causing them not to sit unlevel on the table when voting was counted.

Chiefsachem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend getting discs as per this picture:

Then each player can place their voting disc(s) on the card(s) they've voted for on their peg board and the scorekeeper should have an easier time keeping track of things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After an extensive search on the Web I found a source for wooden markers.
Go to:
[url][/url]http://www.miniongames.com/wooden-medium-pawns-11-assorted-c...

There you will a product labeled "Wooden Medium Pawns (11) Assorted Colors".

These pawns are 24mm in height and perfect for picking up and moving around (a nice complement to rabbits!)

Furthermore you actually get 12 to a package for $7.99. The 12th piece is natural-colored which you can paint lime. All the other 11 colors are represented for Dixit Odyssey!

So for a perfect complement to this game all you need are two packages and your scoring dilemma is solved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Le
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Eeeville wrote:
I'd recommend getting discs as per this picture:

Then each player can place their voting disc(s) on the card(s) they've voted for on their peg board and the scorekeeper should have an easier time keeping track of things.

Hello Mark, that is an awesome idea ... getting two coloured markers for each player

Can I ask where you got them from?

My online searching has only found the following source - however each colour comes in a bag of 10 (when I only need 2) and I work out it would cost $30 to buy 12 bags of 10 for all 12 Dixit players/colours.

https://www.meeplesource.com/products.php?cat=27

Would you have a less expensive idea of how we can purchase these two circles for each colour perhaps? Thanks

I think that especially when trying to teach this game to new players of Dixit that having these markers is important, otherwise they may get lost after a while, and not know how many votes a certain card received.

(PS. I did think of buying 12 of each colour and writing numbers 1 to 12 on them, so that this can be played like the original Dixit.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.spielematerial.de/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Le
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your reply Mark!

I couldn't find any coloured circles on that website ... the closest I could find were the following tokens, which are glass circles or other items:

https://www.spielematerial.de/en/game-components/marker.html

Could you please direct me to the webpage you got these from?

I realise that you ordered these years ago, so there may not be on the website any longer ...

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also check out Tintas if only because this is a game with 7 beautiful wooden disc colors. The publisher Clemens Gerhards might even be able to help you in getting even more different colored discs only because they are a premier publisher of beautiful wooden games and I'm sure could be a wonderful source to anyone for colored wooden pieces.

BTW, Tintas is an awesome, beautiful abstract game that plays in 15 minutes. I have shown this to almost a dozen new NON-GAMERS and everyone of them took a liking to it. I have never seen such a positive reaction from any other board game in my life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Waltex wrote:
I couldn't find any coloured circles on that website ... the closest I could find were the following tokens

https://www.spielematerial.de/de/scheiben-10x4-mm.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Le
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Purchasing two counters for each colour, to assist with scoring
Eeeville wrote:
Waltex wrote:
I couldn't find any coloured circles on that website ... the closest I could find were the following tokens

https://www.spielematerial.de/de/scheiben-10x4-mm.html

Thank you so much for that direct link, that is so awesome Mark! I'm very grateful

Those are a lot cheaper than other websites, and as they are so cheap, I might even get 12 in each colour, and write 1 to 12 on them in permanent marker, so that players can vote in the same was as in the original Dixit. (They have a minimum order of 5 Euro so this might be a good way to order, if one doesn't need anything else from their website).

Thanks also to Alex for introducing me to the game of Tintas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.