Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What constitutes 1 turn in solo play? Is it the same as multiplayer in that 1 action = 1 turn? I guess I'm asking if at the end of every action you move a monster down the dungeon hall. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What do you mean by "1 action"?

A turn consists of the play of a hand of cards, in which you do exactly one of the following:

1) Visit the Dungeon
2) Visit the Village
3) Rest
4) Prepare

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:
What do you mean by "1 action"?

A turn consists of the play of a hand of cards, in which you do exactly one of the following:

1) Visit the Dungeon
2) Visit the Village
3) Rest
4) Prepare

That's what I was referring to. I guess when playing solo, you get a lot of monsters attacking the village because you can't go to the dungeon every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leslie Taylor
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been able to win solo because my troops can't level up without a monster attacking the town. Currently I am playing with the monster's attacking every 2 turns, and that is still difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had a ton of problems the first few games I played this solo. I improved considerably after following some advice I found here: quite a few monsters are going to make it into the village, and you only need more points than the village stack to win, so sometimes you need to let things go to improve your deck, even if you might've been able to kill something with your hand this turn.

I'm doing considerably better now. Often the will be just as many monsters (or even slightly more) in the village deck than in my own deck, but by prioritizing the high-point monster I'm able to stay on top. I also will frequently not enter the dungeon until turn 8 or 9, and use those first turns to refine my deck and get it ready for some sustained killing. Once I get going, I'll look for 2 (or even 3) point monsters as reprieves for buying more cards and leveling up heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that you don't reveal any monsters at the beginning. All ranks should be empty on your first turn. Then after every turn they start to emerge and slide forward. You should get 3 turns before any monsters attack the village. I missed that my first solo game cause I was used to filling the dungeon in the beginning with the regular game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One way to improve your odds is to NOT put defeated monsters in your discard pile. You can instead just put them in a "VP" pile that you score at the end of the game. This is like playing in easy mode, but it helps a noobie like myself learn more about card combos, etc... instead of just getting slaughtered every game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
panos roussakis
msg tools
mbmbmb
Also if u got the Avatars, use the Ranger one. It greatly helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.