Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
Microbadge: ENTP: InventorMicrobadge: All the Meeples of the Rainbow blogMicrobadge: Hoity Toity fanMicrobadge: Chronicles of Crime fanMicrobadge: Loopin' Louie fan
Just listened to the podcast Games with Garfield where Richard Garfield talks through the development of an expansion for King of Tokyo where the design goal is to add personality to each character---but without making the game worse. This proves harder than he expected and his commentary is worthwhile.

He hasn't done a podcast in a long time (six months or so), but this was a very interesting listen. There are not a lot of specific details about the expansion, but the design goals and commentary on playtesting are an interesting look into how he works. The expansion is expected to debut at GenCon.

Highly recommended...
http://www.threedonkeys.com/blog/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: My Games For TradeMicrobadge: Parent of Three BoysMicrobadge: King Of Tokyo fanMicrobadge: Mombasa fanMicrobadge: Rialto fan
And there was me hoping/thinking that some sort of Japanese military defensive force (to protect Tokyo) mechanic might be added .. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: TAMSK fanMicrobadge: Trieste fanMicrobadge: Citadels fanMicrobadge: Glory to Rome new art fanMicrobadge: Coup fan - I take three coins with my Duke
I love that podcast- I wish it came out more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Laputa - Castle in the Sky fan
moocifer wrote:
And there was me hoping/thinking that some sort of Japanese military defensive force (to protect Tokyo) mechanic might be added .. whistle
tsk tsk

The Japanese don't have a military. They have a Self Defense Force.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls