Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Kinsley
Australia
Kenthurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Chosen by Danny Henning (dan_hnnng) As a consolation prize with the highest tip of 280.00 from my G4GG giveaway getting to choose my avatar for 280 days - till 7/10/2013
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi BBG people!

I apologise if this post is in the wrong place however I have gotten so frustrated with this that I felt the need to share and hopefully find out that someone else has either had the same issue and either had it fixed or is as frustrated as I.

Ok, so here is how this has unfolded:

Many months ago I purchased the Days of Wonder iPhone App that is Ticket to Ride Pocket

Purchased iPad 3

Purchased Ticket to Ride iPad

Purchased Ticket to Ride Board Game

Purchased Small World iPad

Purchased Small World Board Game

Tried to sign up to Days of Wonder via their website to register these games and see what offers they have etc. only to find that my username is 'taken'

Made another account in order to use the forums and try to contact the game makers

Find out based on forum posts that my username is taken because when you play Ticket to Ride on iOS (iPhone or iPad), Days of Wonder create a account automatically for you based on your Apple Game Center ID and make up a randomly generated password and do not assign an email address or tell you what the password is

Now I read on a forum post by a Days of Wonder mod that apparently its as simple as using their contact us forms on the website to either get them to give you a new password, assign your nominated email address to the automatically generated account or have it merged with another account that you have made with their website.

I have submitted multiple of these contact us forms probably at least a dozen by now, and spent the last 2-3 weeks either waiting for replies that still haven't come or received only 3 replies where the person either did not even read my request or plain doesn't understand English (their support is based in France) as all they did was reset the password to the account that I know the details of because I made it to get on the forums and to submit a contact us form :@ WTF?

As far as I am concerned yes Days of Wonder may make great board games but quite frankly they are abhorrently hopeless when it comes to customer service.

In contrast, Mayfair Games are amazing, they usually reply in around 24 hours and I have dealt with them on 3 separate occasions with all being great results where they have either happily replaced something or answered questions quickly and easily.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Did you get it resolved?
If so how?

Thanks,
Peter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Days of Wonder forums
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter,

Our entire staff was away at a Company off-site these last few days, but if you send me your e-mail address in my BGG inbox, we'll look into it.

Thank you,

Eric @ DoW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kinsley
Australia
Kenthurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Chosen by Danny Henning (dan_hnnng) As a consolation prize with the highest tip of 280.00 from my G4GG giveaway getting to choose my avatar for 280 days - till 7/10/2013
mbmbmbmbmb
sent mail to your BGG inbox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Problem should now be solved. Please check your inbox. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kinsley
Australia
Kenthurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Erich wrote:
Hi Peter,

Your problem should now be solved. Next time an issue arises, our recommendation is to:

- Post on our forums (that is usually where questions get answered the fastest, either by ourselves or other players)

- If that doesn't solve the issue, use our Contact Us page like you did, but sending a single message rather than repeated, multiple ones as the later actually slows things down, rather than help us answer faster.

Thank you for your understanding, and I hope you'll enjoy the games.

best,

Eric

Quote:
PK1988 wrote:
Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply on the forum.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/800182/days-of-wonder-suppor...

My details are as follows:

Username made to post on DoW forums: XXXXXX
Email address associated with XXXXXX: email@email.com

Apple Game Centre ID: XXXXXX

Ideally I just want 1 login for the DoW website and that should be XXXXXX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a reason that you're posting the private message Eric sent you, Peter? Just curious, as it seems like your concern was addressed pretty professionally.

I've always had great interactions with Eric H.; he's responded to questions I've sent him about DoW products promptly and politely. To my mind, Days of Wonder ranks up there with Stronghold Games as companies with top-notch customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kinsley
Australia
Kenthurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
Is there a reason that you're posting the private message Eric sent you, Peter? Just curious, as it seems like your concern was addressed pretty professionally.

Just wanted to post how all was solved, no problems what so ever, its all 100% fixed now, just thought that if anyone with the same issue reaches here that they might want to know...

There is no need for any defence of Erich, he did a great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Katz
msg tools
Dear Eric,

My wife is having trouble accessing your website to play online. She emailed your company on December 2nd and has had no response beyond an auto reply. She purchased the game so that she could play and has not been able to access your site for more than a month. How can we contact you to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.