Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Welbaum
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
Hey yall,

Had our 3rd session of Great Wyrm/Shackles last night...heroes are each sitting on 45 CP and a butt load of gold, but I got a TPK with silver Hunting Spiders and made 45 CP last night...so it was a good night for both sides.

Question to make sure I understand movement right, because we might run into this issue next time we play. The rules indicate under the section for party movement that if the heroes end their movement on a location with a LT, they can fight them. Using the logic that placing a seige token counts as a movement for a Lt, and that fighting the heroes counts as their movement action, I'm assuming that if the heroes choose to fight a Lt that is on Tamalir, if they are also on Tamalir, that after the encounter (assuming they aren't dead..and they wouldn't be because its Merrick), that they can only do a visit action, not train or go to a dungeon because they used their movement on the fight. I think thats the conclusion of the RAW, and I'm assuming my heroes will agree...but I want to make sure in case we have a disagreement which leads to them making a choice that would confuse the heck out of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleepwalker42 wrote:
Hey yall,

Had our 3rd session of Great Wyrm/Shackles last night...heroes are each sitting on 45 CP and a butt load of gold, but I got a TPK with silver Hunting Spiders and made 45 CP last night...so it was a good night for both sides.

Question to make sure I understand movement right, because we might run into this issue next time we play. The rules indicate under the section for party movement that if the heroes end their movement on a location with a LT, they can fight them. Using the logic that placing a seige token counts as a movement for a Lt,

Nope (although the effect is the same). Lts may only place a seige token if they do a seige action instead of a move action. See pg10.

Sleepwalker42 wrote:
and that fighting the heroes counts as their movement action,

Nope. They can fight the heroes for free, as long as they choose a move action (and end in the same location), not a seige action. They don't have to actually physically change locations, but they can move and then fight in the same week.

Sleepwalker42 wrote:
I'm assuming that if the heroes choose to fight a Lt that is on Tamalir, if they are also on Tamalir,

Yes, that is a requisite. If they do not take a Move week action and do not end that Move week action on Tamalir (ie, not on a dungeon location) they are not able to attack a Lt who is at Tamalir.

Sleepwalker42 wrote:
that after the encounter (assuming they aren't dead..and they wouldn't be because its Merrick),

Not necessarily true, but given you are in copper and therefor only have beast upgraded and little or no treachery, fair enough. ;)

Sleepwalker42 wrote:
that they can only do a visit action, not train or go to a dungeon because they used their movement on the fight. I think thats the conclusion of the RAW, and I'm assuming my heroes will agree...but I want to make sure in case we have a disagreement which leads to them making a choice that would confuse the heck out of me.

They can do a visit action if in a city, but only after any Lt fights they choose to make (and not if they get TPKed obviously).
They can not Train, because they had to choose a Move week action, not a Train week action.
They could eneter a dungeon if the Lt was at the dungeon originally, they moved there, encountered the Lt (and no TPK) and then enter the dungeon. Obviously if they are at a city they can't enter a dungeon.

Attacking does not 'replace' moving. It is enabled in certain circumstances - only when doing a move week action and only when ending that mve week action in the same location as the Lt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Welbaum
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
Thanks...what you said was what I meant...I just wasn't clear

And I'm up against Kranon, Laurel, Oklak and Brother Gherinn...with 1 trap trech and the only silver beast being a manticore...it'd take a lot of misses for me to win that one...but when Eliza comes on the board....:]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleepwalker42 wrote:
the only silver beast being a manticore

You upgrade all the beasts at once. So I am confused by this statement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian D.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Sleepwalker42 wrote:

He's talking about an upcoming fight against Merrick, who has an all eldritch team except for a lone manticore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Welbaum
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
BastiRand wrote:
corkysru wrote:
Sleepwalker42 wrote:

He's talking about an upcoming fight against Merrick, who has an all eldritch team except for a lone manticore.

Exactly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.