Chariot Lords» Forums » Rules

Subject: questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
romano veronese
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
1)" prevent non-Egyptian control of Memphis"...Is this an automatic 10 VP ? That means that in turn 1 you get the points ?

2) turn arrival chart (with any Assyrian unit).(with any Egyptian unit).
New units: What means "any"? from the dead pile too ? As replacements but over riding the rule of the number of units allowed for number of controlled areas ? If i remember Assyrian foot are 18 and Egyptian 10... when turn arrival chart ask you to bring any unit you just have replacements to put ...

3 If i use the Mighty warrior points score ,are this points added
to normal score or substitute them ?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buondiavolo wrote:
1)" prevent non-Egyptian control of Memphis"...Is this an automatic 10 VP ? That means that in turn 1 you get the points ?

2) turn arrival chart (with any Assyrian unit).(with any Egyptian unit).
New units: What means "any"? from the dead pile too ? As replacements but over riding the rule of the number of units allowed for number of controlled areas ? If i remember Assyrian foot are 18 and Egyptian 10... when turn arrival chart ask you to bring any unit you just have replacements to put ...

3 If i use the Mighty warrior points score ,are this points added
to normal score or substitute them ?
Thanks

1. No, you have to prevent it throughout the game. If you prevent it in turn 1 but not in turns 2 onwards then you've failed.

2. Turn arrival is arrival on the map. The limit on returned units does not affect new units; they have not been dead.

3. You either play Mighty Warriors or you play the original rules. You do not mix them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
romano veronese
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
thank you but n° 2 is still confuse to me.
What means "any" ? If I have yet all thelive unit on board(expecially on a Blessed from the Gods) and some dead which unity I could muster ? Nothing?
18 assiryan foots
10 Egyptian foots
Is correct this number ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buondiavolo wrote:
thank you but n° 2 is still confuse to me.
What means "any" ?

It means you must have a unit on the map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
romano veronese
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
I apologize, but i need some example to understand.

On turn 8 The TAC asks Assyria to put some troops...I believe that Assyria had just put ALL the existing counters before(in turn 5, but you have some in the dead pile. So i muster nothing or i pick from dead pile or from removed ?

TURN FIVE (1140 - 1050)
ASSYRIA: Ruler TIGLATH-PILESER I (with any Assyrian unit).

Turn Eight ASSYRIA: Ruler ASHUR-NASIR-PAL II (first turn), 9 foot, 4 cavalry and a Terror Marker
(Assyria, Arrapha or Zamua). Ruler SHALMANESER III (second turn) (with any Assyrian unit) BELOVED OF THE GODS.

Where these units are coming from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buondiavolo wrote:
I apologize, but i need some example to understand.

On turn 8 The TAC asks Assyria to put some troops...I believe that Assyria had just put ALL the existing counters before(in turn 5, but you have some in the dead pile. So i muster nothing or i pick from dead pile or from removed ?

TURN FIVE (1140 - 1050)
ASSYRIA: Ruler TIGLATH-PILESER I (with any Assyrian unit).

Turn Eight ASSYRIA: Ruler ASHUR-NASIR-PAL II (first turn), 9 foot, 4 cavalry and a Terror Marker
(Assyria, Arrapha or Zamua). Ruler SHALMANESER III (second turn) (with any Assyrian unit) BELOVED OF THE GODS.

Where these units are coming from?

I have now found my copy.

The Assyrians receive new units in Turns 2, 3 and 8. there are enough counters in my set to provide these 18 foot, 4 chariots and 4 cavalry (in total). You do not use units in the dead pile. Check your set.

There are no Assyrian units appearing in turn 5, just the TIGLATH-PILESER I counter which is placed on the board in the same Area as another Assyrian unit (which must have been there from a previous turn).

The units for turn 8 come from the counters provided with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
romano veronese
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
I load the file from this site and in turn five is written "with any units" In all the file i have read (also yours CHARIOT LORDS BIG BUNDLE).
I hope you not feel me nit-picking i thank you for your time and help(and the game)
So turn five
it is a misprint ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buondiavolo wrote:
I load the file from this site and in turn five is written "with any units" In all the file i have read (also yours CHARIOT LORDS BIG BUNDLE).
I hope you not feel me nit-picking i thank you for your time and help(and the game)
So turn five
it is a misprint ?

The counter is placed with "any Assyrian units" on the board, only the Tiglath Pileser counter is available as a new unit that turn. See Turn Eight as an example where units in addition to the Mighty Ruler arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
badge
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
To put it another way: Tiglath-Pileser is played in an area already containing an Assyrian unit (or Assyrian units). You don't get to place any extra troops together with him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
romano veronese
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.