Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After winning a battle that has an "Aftermath" and "Spoils" affect, which resolves first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is mentioned in the steps you need to follow when entering the dungeon:

Thunderstone Advance rules, page 15 wrote:

When you enter the dungeon, you must do the following steps in order:

3. You must choose a monster to fight. Monsters may have traits, Battle effects, or Aftermath effects that hinder you. All effects occur, as long as you have the resources for them to affect.
4. If you defeat the monster, add its card to your discard pile, gain the XP it provides, and use any eligible Spoils abilities.

So, Aftermath comes first (step 3) and then Spoils (step 4).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find an updated Reference Sheet that I created HERE, which helps with timing and sequence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael peterson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For any beginners to the Thunderstone franchise which are starting with Thunderstone Advance. If that reference sheet is odd, it is because it is for Thunderstone.

Robman, I would love to have one of those for Thunderstone Advance. Looks great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
debawv wrote:
For any beginners to the Thunderstone franchise which are starting with Thunderstone Advance. If that reference sheet is odd, it is because it is for Thunderstone.

Robman, I would love to have one of those for Thunderstone Advance. Looks great.

It was actually designed for both. Jeff from AEG helped me tighten it up so it would be applicable for both. It's actually more Advance friendly if you take a closer look at it. I posted it in the core game so it would be linked to Thunderstone family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, yeah, without explaining that pre-advance battle abilities that destroy cards are aftermath abilities, which I'm not sure there's room for, it actually looks like it's more correct for advance and close enough for base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.