Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to revise the first scenario of the game (Barbarossa) for the Second Edition of the rules. All the other scenarios were revised.

In this light, here are the new victory conditions:

- Lower the German total needed to Win the 1st scenario from 23VPs to 21VPs.

Sorry about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
CHECK thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Nip
Hong Kong
Taipo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh!! It's shocking!! gulpgulpgulp
This would definitely make a German victory much easier.

In fact, I once won with the Axis even with the 23VP requirement. (I got 24)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
free_planet wrote:
Oh!! It's shocking!! gulpgulpgulp
This would definitely make a German victory much easier.

In fact, I once won with the Axis even with the 23VP requirement. (I got 24)

Using the second edition rules? Your opponent did not had much experience in the game proabably, of you got VERY lucky die rolls!

Do remember somthing: The game/scenario will END on turn 5, so the Soviets could just attack everywhere if they chose, trying to det some lucky rolls, since they are the last to move. This has to be taken into account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Nip
Hong Kong
Taipo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not VERY lucky, but EXTREMELY lucky! haha~
(Yes, 2nd edition rules)

I have lucky die rolls (a few 6, some 4 & 5, seldom 3 or below).
My opponent had rotten luck. The Soviet drew the great "Great Patriotic War" on Turn 2 & Turn 3, which forfeited my opponent of 2 valuable cards for reinforcing his defence.
The weather was on my side. First, a Clear Turn 3, so I captured Leningrad in Turn 3.
Then, a Mud Turn 4, so I can evade using the less effective Soviet CRT. (Which also meant that no Long Winter in Turn 5)
Then I managed to sneak my 1st Panzer and 2nd Panzer outside Moscow by "Surprise Attack" and weakened the Fort unit there by a lucky roll in "Hedgehogs".
I captured Moscow in Turn 5. Even though it was recaptured by the Soviet in their turn (the two right shift is formidable). But I could get 24 VPs.

In another game which I had awful die rolls (all die rolls were 3 or below, except two), I got merely 19 VPs.

23 VP is difficult to achieve. So, I'd say that, it would be much easier for an Axis victory if the condition is changed to 21 VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
free_planet wrote:
23 VP is difficult to achieve. So, I'd say that, it would be much easier for an Axis victory if the condition is changed to 21 VP.

I do not agree for now, For the same reasons stated above: you know that the game will end on Turn 5, so even during the winter the German could just attacks non-stop, bleeding his army white (lots more EX resutls because he is using the Soviet Combat table in the last two turns), and probably losing any chance at winning a campaign game, but still getting the upper hand in the scenario, since his units can absorb two steps of losses while the Soviets cannot: I have seen the Russian lose more than 6 units (!) in a turn that way! Ouch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tong Chi Wai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
free_planet wrote:
(Yes, 2nd edition rules)

My opponent had rotten luck. The Soviet drew the great "Great Patriotic War" on Turn 2 & Turn 3, which forfeited my opponent of 2 valuable cards for reinforcing his defence.

Comrade, did you just mention me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lottysnake wrote:
free_planet wrote:
(Yes, 2nd edition rules)

Comrade, did you just mention me?

Man, in the last "Demo" Game I played at a local Convention this very Saturday (as the Soviets), I drew "Great Patriotic War" three times in a row in the two first turns of 1942!!! Argh... soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Nip
Hong Kong
Taipo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
I drew "Great Patriotic War" three times in a row in the two first turns of 1942!!! Argh... soblue

But... can't you be spared by the "Once is Enough" rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
free_planet wrote:
licinius wrote:
I drew "Great Patriotic War" three times in a row in the two first turns of 1942!!! Argh... soblue

But... can't you be spared by the "Once is Enough" rule?

Ohhh.... You are right! Never thought of it at the time. DOH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We've just started a campaign game yesterday and I'm currently at 22 points, if I recall correctly. It's only turn 4 now (start) and two to three points more are within easy reach atm or so it seems. then again, I have to admit I've been extremely lucky (right cards at the right moments and I got an extra turn of clear weather too). So indeed it does seem I might actually comply with the barbarossa Victory conditions. A shame we're playing a campaign game this time, haha!

Tremendous game, though! I have to admit NR is my favourite game overall at the moment!

My compliments, Carl!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos S. Olivares Pérez
Spain
Vigo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
I forgot to revise the first scenario of the game (Barbarossa) for the Second Edition of the rules. All the other scenarios were revised.

Is that an ironic sentence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
proyecto_mgj wrote:
licinius wrote:

I do not understand what you man by that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:

He means he would have expected you to go through the scenarios in order, so it's unusual to revise all of the rest but not the first one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
licinius wrote:
I do not understand what you man by that. :what:

He means he would have expected you to go through the scenarios in order, so it's unusual to revise all of the rest but not the first one.

Well, since obviously Carl has got a lot on his mind and his time is limited combined with the fact that this is a very minor change (reducing the # of required VP's by 2), I can understand that he may have overlooked this.

Keep up the good work, Carl!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
licinius wrote:

Yeah, well I just forgot. I started with the "Troublesome" scenarios, mainly the 3rd and 4th. Forgot about the first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos S. Olivares Pérez
Spain
Vigo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
proyecto_mgj wrote:
licinius wrote:

I was thinking more on that even with hundred revisions there has to be always a minor detail that's always mysteriously overlooked. I think that this happens to everybody.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.