Popular Tags: [View All]
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

played my first two games this weekend. Quite a few questions came up, so I fear more threads will follow.

Two issues:
1) Are the English card texts available anywhere? I have the German version of the game, and some cards I just do not understand. Probably bad translation, as it is often the case... For example: When a card says something like "use a attack-rating of 3" - does this means I roll three dice? Or that I just count 3 hits? Are there any cards that actually give you "hits" instead of rolling?

2) When the mastermind tries to fulfill his master-plan, but the heroes do not succeed to complete their headline (and so cannot challenge him afterwards): I guess the mastermind can still fulfill hist master-plan, right?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:

1) Are the English card texts available anywhere? I have the German version of the game, and some cards I just do not understand. Probably bad translation, as it is often the case... For example: When a card says something like "use a attack-rating of 3" - does this means I roll three dice? Or that I just count 3 hits? Are there any cards that actually give you "hits" instead of rolling?

Yes, Attack Rating of 3 = Roll 3 dice. Do you have a specific card in mind as an example?

mavo wrote:

2) When the mastermind tries to fulfill his master-plan, but the heroes do not succeed to complete their headline (and so cannot challenge him afterwards): I guess the mastermind can still fulfill hist master-plan, right?

Yes !

This is a great game. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast feedback - I will check at home and give you some examples...

Edit: Yes, great game! Review will probably follow...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:
Are there any cards that actually give you "hits" instead of rolling?

IIRC, the Wizard's ability allows him to discard a Villain card and instead of rolling, his result for that combat "roll" is 3 hits. Especially nice with his Yellow combat choice as he has 1-1-5 stats, assuming 3 attack or defense hits is enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi again,

now I have the cards in front of me. Sorry, but as I said - I guess with English card texts everything would be easy, but as it is I have to bother you

- "Ben Urich": Does he allow to play allies etc. during the action phase? Do I still have to pay the plot points?
- "Crystal": When you decide to use her, do you use all three of her rating, or only one for one dice roll?

Now the ones that really confused me:
- "Lizard", "Bullseye" and others: 3 hits or the dice??
- "Mystique": Probably same question, but with value 4
- and others with almost the same text.

Thank in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:
- "Ben Urich": Does he allow to play allies etc. during the action phase? Do I still have to pay the plot points?

Ben has nothing to do with allies. You use him as an Action to draw 2 Resource cards and re-arrange the Story Track as you like.

Quote:
- "Crystal": When you decide to use her, do you use all three of her rating, or only one for one dice roll?

You have to use before a roll. Each use (PP discarded) lets you use her rating for one roll, you can pick which roll. So say the Thing goes with the Red attack (5-2-1 IIRC), you could use Crystal to make his Defense 3 (1PP used) and Outwit 3 (2nd PP used). If you have more uses out of her, could to the same next combat sequence.

Quote:
- "Lizard", "Bullseye" and others: 3 hits or the dice??
- "Mystique": Probably same question, but with value 4
- and others with almost the same text.

All of those make the stat equal to the number on the Back-Up Effect, meaning you roll that many dice and it can then be modified further if you have the means (Lead Villain's own ability).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! The German card texts for Ben Urich says "play two cards" instead of "draw 2 cards"...

Thanks for the answers so far!

Allow me one last question for now - I am not sure if I got that right: When e.g. 2 heroes fight one villain, can I switch the fighting hero EACH combat round? Or does one hero have to fight until he is wounded, and the use the other hero (loosing the initiative)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can change the hero after each combat sequence (hero attack - villain attack - outwit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.