Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I workign though the adventures in order and ive just beaten Ros. hardest yet but deck tweeking go me there, keep my spirit lore theme so this is

My Secrecy deck vs Journey to Ros 3 heros solo (from 2 core set and all expansions) to date)
Bit the bullet and picked up a 2nd core so I could have 2 river song bards and unexpected courage’s and an extra Greeting card I think..

Heros all the low ones of there set I went 3 core this time but packed with songs and minstrels.

Lore: 8 Denethor ( master spy! )
Spirit: 7 Frodo (tag along spirit caster and body shield)
Leadership: 8 Theodred (attachment hulk and keep forgetting his +1 resource power)

Start Threat 23

Allies

3 x Gandalfs 3 x sneak attacks Threat / Card or damage that order of importance
2 x Radagast
2 x Gildor Inglorion
1 x Haldir ( my only ranged hero apart form Wildor the bird)
3 x The Riddermarks Finest
2 x Gleowine
2 x Henamarth Riversong
2 x Rivendell Minstrel
2 x Zigil Miners
2 x Daugther of Nimrodel

Events etc..

2 x Timely Aids
3 x Galadhrs greeting
3 x Lore of imladris
3 x A test of will
1 x Forrest Snare
1 x A will of the west
2 x Unexpected courage
1 x Steward of Gondor
2 x Songs of Wisdom (lore)
1 x Song of travel (spirit)
1 x fast hitch
2 x Resourcefull
1 x Born aloft ( tactics Zero cost)
3 x Mathon
1 x Celebrians Stone

Modified from the Carrock to allow more healing and less combat strike, I added the addition of quick strike from leader ship and a few leader ship artefacts, this deck loses out of damage but damage is not important in this adventure, speed and healing are and a little location management

It took 7 losses to get the deck to where it is now and its not really recognisable from my 1st attempt with the dwarves a complete rewrite, I don’t think It need further improvement and it finally beat the quest quite easily with a hint of tension from finding the plants avoiding the 2 damage pool attack and the chieftain and ung. spawn clogging up questing,

I love the way the core deck developed from the 1st Gollum quest , I’ve still not really touched on Tactics or Leadership

I cant say this quest felt very descriptive, I enjoyed but it was a bit statistical some nasty treacheries wipe out your allies pool and even kill hero’s quickly once wounded

Its a lot about deciding which card to play can you take a wound,shadow attack or threat hike in return for a resource or card pay of and ally splurge next round?,

I’m not into the habit of tracking turns yet but I don’t think its that many

The story:
The stories not that great we found a wounded bird we took it to the vets on the way we fought some bats some orcs and crossed some streams, Exhaustion wiped out or minstrels and friends none where spared, we could not fight the night bats or crows but our large wounded friend still had fight in him yet, so we wandered and we fought and eventually got though it the bird thanked us and we left on our merry way this must be the secret way

possibly the hardest adventure yet(i've played working though them in order), i think this deck would be fine for hunt for Gollum as is, and the allies will need a re-work for the carrock again, though with the such the low threat it might pull of the Carrock too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just did emyn hills. Swapped out heals for northern trackers and was an easu walk over on wards to adventure 5 :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.