Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Forest Green Hobbit
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a block in Annan. I spend 1 MP to move to vacant England. May the block continue to Dunbar? May I do this move with a 2MP card by spending a MP for each border crossing?

FYI, the rules:

4.4 ANGLO-SCOTTISH BORDER
The Anglo-Scottish Border is a dashed red or green line. Blocks entering England must stop. Blocks must stop if they cross the red broken border into Teviot.
Each Move Point allows only one (1) block to cross the border (but they still fight as one group if attacking the same area). Thus, a 3-card allows 3 blocks to cross the border.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Good wrote:
I have a block in Annan. I spend 1 MP to move to vacant England. May the block continue to Dunbar? May I do this move with a 2MP card by spending a MP for each border crossing?

FYI, the rules:

4.4 ANGLO-SCOTTISH BORDER
The Anglo-Scottish Border is a dashed red or green line. Blocks entering England must stop. Blocks must stop if they cross the red broken border into Teviot.
Each Move Point allows only one (1) block to cross the border (but they still fight as one group if attacking the same area). Thus, a 3-card allows 3 blocks to cross the border.

I would take the sentence, "Blocks entering England must stop," to mean that all Anglo-Scottish borders are red for movement in the southward direction. Blocks must stop and cannot continue moving. Note how parallel the sentence is to the following sentence ("blocks must stop"), indicating similar meaning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To further answer your question (and without having the rules in front of me), I am confident that you cannot activate a unit to move twice, so the unit that moved to England is finished for its turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Green Hobbit
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not see this sentence. Duh. Blocks entering england must stop. End of thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.