Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Advanced Squad Leader» Forums » General

Subject: A Winter Melee rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if Scenario 19 from Cross of Iron ("A Winter Melee")was ever reprinted as an ASL scenario, and if so where? It had a 10 squad German Garrison defending a town against Russian partisans, paratroopers and cossacks.

I have a recollection of playing it under ASL but may have just modded it myself.

Thanks in advance.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Tewksbury
United States
Fitchburg
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
Does anyone know if Scenario 19 from Cross of Iron ("A Winter Melee")was ever reprinted as an ASL scenario, and if so where? It had a 10 squad German Garrison defending a town against Russian partisans, paratroopers and cossacks.

I have a recollection of playing it under ASL but may have just modded it myself.

Thanks in advance.


This was republished in Turning the Tide - ROAR info is below

http://www.jrvdev.com/ROAR/VER1/ShowScenario.asp?ScenarioID=...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Huber-Wehner
Germany
Brühl
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it had been reprinted in the ASL scenario pack "Turning the Tide"

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/40205/turning-th...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that was quick - thanks chaps.

I thought I'd seen it in a General or ASL Annual, but mustn't have done.

I may well pick up Turning the Tide - 'A Winter Melee' was a good scenario to play 3-handed - 1 player as the Germans then one Russian player controlling the cossacks and the other controlling both the Partisans and Paratroopers.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
Wow, that was quick - thanks chaps.

I thought I'd seen it in a General or ASL Annual, but mustn't have done.

I may well pick up Turning the Tide - 'A Winter Melee' was a good scenario to play 3-handed - 1 player as the Germans then one Russian player controlling the cossacks and the other controlling both the Partisans and Paratroopers.

It's currently in stock at Second Chance Games. I got it myself last week and it's full of golden oldies from my SL days back in the early/mid 80s. Well worth the investment (although it has to be noted that there are quite a few large and long scenarios included).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Turning the Tide last week too. Came across that scenario and said 'partisans, cavalry and paratroops? That I've got to see!'

I think I'll get some practice in with at least one of those last two on it's own first though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindis wrote:
I picked up Turning the Tide last week too. Came across that scenario and said 'partisans, cavalry and paratroops? That I've got to see!'


Yeah - I'm not sure how realistic/historical it is but it was a lot of fun with the Russian OOB.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hadady
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
Rindis wrote:
I picked up Turning the Tide last week too. Came across that scenario and said 'partisans, cavalry and paratroops? That I've got to see!'


Yeah - I'm not sure how realistic/historical it is but it was a lot of fun with the Russian OOB.


As a "representation," it's not off the mark.

The Turning the Tide playtest was some of the best ASL fun I've had. Some of my favorites (and their current ROAR stats):

Battle for the Warta Line [U15] Polish 10 German 8
Hasty Pudding [U19] German 4 British 3
Fighting at the World's Edge [U20] French/Norwegian 6 German 8
Road to Kozani Pass [U22] British 5 German 4
Bald Hill [U26] Russian 1 German 8
The Bukrin Bridgehead [U33] Russian 3 German 3

(Don't let the Bald Hill record deter you. The Germans don't have much time. The key to holding the big hill mass is to defend the small one, too. Figure that out, and the Russians give a very close game.)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.