Tammany Hall» Forums » News

Subject: Tammany Hall funded rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Witek W
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mb

Tammany Hall has reached Kickstarter funding level today.

Congratulations!

And time to start working toward the stretch goals

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Really great, and the game deserves it!

So then will the upgrade levels be added to the kickstarter site? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo! I look forward to a November full of backstabbing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Really great, and the game deserves it!

So then will the upgrade levels be added to the kickstarter site? whistle

Soon! Hopefully tonight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hurray!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that there was ever any doubt, but I'm still excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If the stretch goals aren't reached, can I pay extra to buy them? I particularly like the City Office Licenses one, as it's useful for gameplay in addition to helping bring out the theme that much more. But they all look great!

Having played 1812, I am also wanting the nationality chit stretch reward!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
If the stretch goals aren't reached, can I pay extra to buy them? I particularly like the City Office Licenses one, as it's useful for gameplay in addition to helping bring out the theme that much more. But they all look great!

Would be nice but it's against the 'spirit' of kickstarter, I think...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So a publisher would turn down cold hard cash for a limited offer because it's against the spirit of something? I funded the game because it looks amazing, rather than buy it for a premium (I just bought Traders of Carthage for about 3X it's "in-print" price, so I'm not opposed to doing so). I funded it because the publisher clearly cares about the game and isn't just shoving it out to make a quick buck. I funded it because the publisher will do his best to put out a quality product.

And if my investment doesn't return some nice extra stretch rewards, what's wrong with asking to buy them for an additional cost? I'm already paying $10 to have it shipped to Canada, may as well attempt to get the ultra geeky premium version I can

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I continued to kick myself for not picking this game up but now it is time to celebrate!

Glad this game got funded!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:

Having played 1812, I am also wanting the nationality chit stretch reward!

I would love to, but it's kind of an all or nothing situation. The printer won't make the extra components unless I do it for the entire print run, and that becomes possible as the stretch goals are hit.

That said, I'm pretty hopeful we can hit the stretch rewards if the momentum keeps going. I'm in a funny position because I'm publishing the game, but I really want the meeples myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pumped about Tammany making it's publishing goal! I haven't kickstarted it yet but I will be soon...my wife has offered to kickstart it as an early Father's Day gift for me.

Nathan, congrats on your success so far. I hope it flourishes beyond your wildest dreams.

...AND I also want all the meeples. Let's DO this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Yates
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
badge
Tea and Board Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
So a publisher would turn down cold hard cash for a limited offer because it's against the spirit of something? I funded the game because it looks amazing, rather than buy it for a premium (I just bought Traders of Carthage for about 3X it's "in-print" price, so I'm not opposed to doing so). I funded it because the publisher clearly cares about the game and isn't just shoving it out to make a quick buck. I funded it because the publisher will do his best to put out a quality product.

And if my investment doesn't return some nice extra stretch rewards, what's wrong with asking to buy them for an additional cost? I'm already paying $10 to have it shipped to Canada, may as well attempt to get the ultra geeky premium version I can

The "spirit" of Kickstarter is that the larger a print run is, the cheaper the components can be produced. So, when the print run is larger, instead of that money going back into the pockets of the publishers, it goes into getting *better* components for the same price, because of the economy of scale. Meaning, we all get the awesome components for the same price, instead of having "pay grades", which I personally think is a terrible idea.

That, and tooling for custom meeples then producing a few dozen of them would cost like $10 a meeple or something ridiculous. These things don't just pop fully formed out of a replicator, unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I understand that. But if a stretch reward isn't achieved and the components are already produced, there is no reason why they can't be bought for an extra fee.

Clearly that doesn't apply here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Yates
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
badge
Tea and Board Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
I understand that. But if a stretch reward isn't achieved and the components are already produced, there is no reason why they can't be bought for an extra fee.

But they haven't been produced, and they won't be produced unless there is enough money to produce them in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Moore
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
setaymit wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:

But they haven't been produced, and they won't be produced unless there is enough money to produce them in the first place.

That's what he said?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
catmando wrote:
setaymit wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:

That's what he said?
That's what's implied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
catmando wrote:
setaymit wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:

That's what he said?
That's what's implied.
He has said in multiple comments that the pictures (of the meeples) you see are only 3D renderings and the final product (assuming the stretch goal is reached) will look slightly differently.

Also, that's pretty much how Kickstarter works. Campaign/money first. Produce the actual product(s) after the campaign is done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do think the new proposed meeples are nice, but I actually prefer the simple "bust" markers.

The only thing I'd change is the player colors. Or at least, make them easier to tell apart from each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
arcane220 wrote:
I do think the new proposed meeples are nice, but I actually prefer the simple "bust" markers.

I totally agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a heads up, we're getting really close to unlocking the first stretch goal, so I've gone ahead and added the backing level for existing owners.

Obviously right now there aren't any stretch goals unlocked, but will hopefully grow to include lots of custom goodies as we move forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
justplainchips wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
catmando wrote:
setaymit wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:

That's what he said?
That's what's implied.
He has said in multiple comments that the pictures (of the meeples) you see are only 3D renderings and the final product (assuming the stretch goal is reached) will look slightly differently.

Also, that's pretty much how Kickstarter works. Campaign/money first. Produce the actual product(s) after the campaign is done.

I took issue with the phrase "The Spirit of Kickstarter". When you think of the phrases "The Letter of the Law" and "The Spirit of the Law", using that phrase can be misconstrued. In this Tammany Hall example, it's the "letter" of kickstarter that the stretch rewards aren't produced until the goal is reached. The spirit implies otherwise, like it's wrong for me to pay extra for these hypothetically existing premium components

I'm a very literal person

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
I'm a very literal person

And I didn't want to start a discussion by using the word 'spirit'... modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"I will take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser, and teach those who wish to learn." -Duane Allman
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:
Just as a heads up, we're getting really close to unlocking the first stretch goal, so I've gone ahead and added the backing level for existing owners.

Obviously right now there aren't any stretch goals unlocked, but will hopefully grow to include lots of custom goodies as we move forward.

As one of the lucky ones that has a copy of the 2nd edition I have a few questions before I increase my pledge to the "extras" level. (I'm backed at the $1 level because I think it's awesome that you're bringing this game to a larger market)

My question is, what size are the meeples? The board can already get pretty crowded with the flat boss markers and cubes in some of the smaller wards, like ward 2. If these meeples are carc size they'll be completely unusable imo, so I won't bother getting the extras.

All I really want are the original boss silhouettes from the 2nd edition in a color that doesn't blend in with the purple ones. Will something like that be offered?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Tammany Hall has just crossed it's first stretch goal. Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Thank you everyone! Just a few days after we funded, we’ve blown through our first stretch goal.

Thanks to all of you, everyone will be getting custom decal sheets for your political favor chips. This will help ad a little extra thematic flavor to the game and help drive home the idea that you are wielding influence over various immigrant groups. I’m really excited about these! Thanks to everyone for making this happen. Everyone will be getting enough decals to place one per influence marker.

Some backers have requested the ability to get a second decal sheet so that both sides of the influence marker will bear the immigrant’s home country flag. If you would like an extra decal sheet, just pledge an additional five dollars for each additional sticker sheet you want (don’t change your pledge level!) and after the kickstarter campaign is over, we’ll send out a survey where you can let us know you want an extra decal sheet(s) for your additional pledge.

Next up, customized city office licenses! The ones on the kickstarter page are mockups, but the idea here is to bring some additional functionality and flavor to the game. Tammany Hall is a great game and one of the best features is the different abilities each political office brings, but it’s easy to forget to use your Power of Office. These upgrades are going to be thick cardboard with a reminder of your power of office on them and a corresponding Thomas Nast political cartoon to bring the feel of the era into the game just a little more. If you have never seen any of the Thomas Nast political cartoons, they are amazing cartoons that ran in Harper's Weekly and helped turn public opinion against Tammany Hall. These cartoons were featured in the original white box edition of Tammany Hall, and I think it’s high time that these amazing pieces of history made their way back into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.