Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug writes:

With Debbie and Tina departing on the Buffy Express, that left six of us with an hour to kill, so we dragged out Hase und Igel. Having played the "Julian Rules" for two years, we finally played the "holding 10 x finishing position" rules which helped a great deal. We also discovered (courtesy of Peter - thanks!) that we can in fact fall back from a hedgehog to an earlier hedgehog for more carrots. We'd been playing you could not fall back past a hedgehog ever. Quite a difference!

Julian, playing first, jumped out to the first lettuce and the usual queue formed. Peter, Bernie and Doug struck out for the second lettuce space with I think Bernie reaching it first. Bernie then very quickly drew a hare card which allowed him to drop a second lettuce so it was go for the line for Bernie!

A queue of Peter, Roger and Doug queued up for the third lettuce space, only to have Julian leap across the board for 391 carrots (I think) to take it off us. The usual turn order queue then proceeded with Peter, Roger and Doug all having to wait their turn on the lettuce (this is where the six player game breaks for me). Peter, Bernie and Julian were striking out for home, Doug and Roger were comparing lettuce size, while Janet (remember her?) having dropped her lettuces at the first two drop off points was making headway.

With Julian, Peter and Bernie desperately trying to get the carrot balance right to finish, Janet landed on a four space, managed to stay fourth and earned enough carrots to enable her to finish in first place.

Scores:
Janet (4 carrots remaining)
Julian (19)
Bernie (8)
Doug (29)
Peter (4)
Roger DNF

Doug's rating: 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.