Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb

Soda Pop Miniatures

Caverns of Roxor: the Tidbits!

So, some questions have been raised, exactly how we are treating our level releases... do you have to get everything etc to enjoy it?
Short answer: No.

The scheduled level release is broken out in to two small waves:

Wave 1) Caverns of Roxor Box - This box is where you get ROXOR the new level boss, a new mini boss, (3) new heroes, new item cards and loot, as well as a full (3) summoning stones worth of all the new models for the release... so, a full Rocktop Gang (2 summoning markers) and a Fireflow Denizens mob (1, summoning stones worth) - this is for the collector who wants everything!

Wave 2) Boosts! - These mob boxes allow you to add on to your collection, allowing you to theme-out your new dungeon.

The Rocktop Gang, adds a further (2) summoning stones worth of Rocktop minions to your collection, allowing you to fill your dungeon with these pesky critters - as well as all the cards and a unique magic item for your loot pile.

The Fireflow Denizens, adds a further (1) summoning stones worth of Fireflow minions to your collection, a savvy player will quickly see the opportunities to really start mixing up your game strategies with so many new monsters to add into your dungeon... I will be doing an ALL FIREFLOW DENIZENS dungeon, simply because I luvvvvvv flaming gels! (*it wouldn't be cool if we weren't also super nerdy for our own stuff right>?)

*SPECIAL --> each level release will also have a special collectible anti-hero for your games of Super Dungeon Explore. This wave introduces the Herald of Vulcanis, a powerful champion of Vulcanis' army, who is played like a mini boss in your games of SDE, but has the look and feel of a proper hero.

Again,
All pieces will be sold fully assembled, with our super awesome hard plastic, and great details to work on for all you hobbyists!

Share this around - we are happy for all the support we can get in the run up to launch.

thx-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bast Kitty
United States
Lynn
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajMalfunction10 wrote:

All pieces will be sold fully assembled

Especially like this bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Norris
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rlcoon wrote:
MajMalfunction10 wrote:

And that was the part I didn't like. I don't think any factory worker will clean the flash and mold lines correctly. And if they move to one piece casts the sculpted loose the dynamic poses. Nope I want to build them myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamu
Mexico
Toluca
Estado de México
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jugglingfool wrote:
rlcoon wrote:
MajMalfunction10 wrote:

And that was the part I didn't like. I don't think any factory worker will clean the flash and mold lines correctly. And if they move to one piece casts the sculpted loose the dynamic poses. Nope I want to build them myself.

And I don't know if I like it or not. I'm not a minis guy myself; I just like painting the plastic pieces, so this saves me some extra work I don't enjoy. But even if I'm not very good at cleaning flash and gluing stuff (I've never done it), I'll likely be very careful. And one-piece figs is, indeed, the worst-case scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
I glued my ironscales together before painting them, and as a beginner painter, it was nightmarish to try to paint behind that shield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Norris
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajMalfunction10 wrote:
I glued my ironscales together before painting them, and as a beginner painter, it was nightmarish to try to paint behind that shield.

There is definately a learning curve. But I am a miniature hobbiest so gluing assembly and painting is good times for me.

I didn't glue the ironscales or knuckle heads shield before painting. I had to learn that lesson the hard way on an earlier project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So if we buy wave 1 then we can ignore wave 2 since it would be the same just less?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demondude777 wrote:
So if we buy wave 1 then we can ignore wave 2 since it would be the same just less?

That's what it sounds like. I think wave 2 will have a single otherwise-unobtainable promo card (like a treasure or something) packaged in each booster, but won't be any new monsters in wave 2. Unless you're a die-hard completionist, you can ignore the 2nd wave. Well, you might pick up just the booster of the wave 2 anti-hero. But those guys sound like they're priced similarly to the candy & cola promo, which is pretty overpriced IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
demondude777 wrote:

That's what it sounds like. I think wave 2 will have a single otherwise-unobtainable promo card (like a treasure or something) packaged in each booster,

So then the comment about wave 1 for someonw who wants everything contradicts itself? I hope we have a more clear explination when it gets closer to release time...but I don't expect we will get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So is the Hero of Vulcanis an additional purchase no matter which wave you support? As in, the main box does not contain him, nor the boosters. He is only available from his own personal box?

Hmmm...I don't know if I care enough to want him, yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Blossercubbles wrote:
So is the Hero of Vulcanis an additional purchase no matter which wave you support? As in, the main box does not contain him, nor the boosters. He is only available from his own personal box?

Hmmm...I don't know if I care enough to want him, yet.

I am thinking like Candy and Cola, but I am hoping it won't be oeverpriced...like...well..Candy and Cola.

It would suck to release a rare, in some boxes so you get it if you are lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.