Subject: Multiple card sets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Low
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For each player, draft a full set of 10 kingdom cards. So if there are 3 players, you draw 3 set of 10 kingdom cards, so there are 30 cards total in groups of 10. Each Kingdom deck only has 6 cards in it.

Each player will then indicate which of the 3 card decks they want. If everyone chooses a different deck, then you play it from there. If 2 people choose the same set of kingdom cards to play, they then start to bid for the ability to play that deck.

The bidding are designed to handicap that deck. So whoever comes up with a winning bid will then subtract that from their deck at the end of the game.

The player/players losing the bid must then choose a new deck. If they choose a deck that is chosen by another player, another bidding war then begins (this will help handicap all players).

This continues until there is only one player per deck. The last player should get the least desirable deck but have the most advantageous position as they don't have any handicap to their score.

During game play, all cards affect across all players. Attack cards work in the normal manner which allow players to grab cards from one another and decks to get mixed accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this actually make the game any better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Eckman
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
This sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I understand all of your instructions. Are you saying that you have 3 sets of 10 kingdom cards and 7 sets of 6 kingdom cards? If I understood correctly, the bidding is done for up to 3 sets (assuming you have 3 players) and in cases wherein multiple players want the same kingdom card set, the bidding process occurs and the loser of the bid(s) cannot access the kingdom card piles throughout the game that he/she didn't choose and/or lost during the bidding process. Are the bids done starting at 1,2,3 . . . etc. and the winning bid amount is deducted from the bid winner's final score?

If I have this figured correctly as indicated above, why would you have kingdom card piles of 6 and does that mean that the winning choosers/bidders have sole access to all 10 of those kingdom cards? I would expect the reverse to be the case and have 6 available in those kingdom card piles and 10 cards in the sets that are available to all players. Please clarify how you do this. In your experience so far, what does this do to the game we all know and love? Also, what did you mean by your last statement that during game play the "decks get mixed".?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.