Subject: stable = pasture? major improvement = action? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, when counting points does a single unfenced stable count as a pasture or do pastures have to be fenced?

I read somewhere were they discussed doing a baking bread strategy with no fire place for cooking animals that someone thought it was good to be able to take an oven at any time in case someone took the sow action so it was already used. I got the impression from the text that that also gave you the option to bake bread immediately once you got your oven but that seem weird and I can't find anything such in the rules.
As soon as you get an improvement with the bake bread action you don't also get the bake bread action, right?

Finally the rules mention that you can have multiple fireplaces and cooking hearts but that don't improve your efficiency because you can still do as much as you want in them right? It's only for blocking others from taking them?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
Pastures have to be fenced. An unfenced stable is not a pasture.

When one purchases either the Clay or Stone Oven, there is a free baking action. That comes with the ovens. You can read the text on the two major improvement cards to see that.

Note that the Fireplaces and Cooking Hearths, when purchased, do not give you that free baking action.

Yes, you can have multiple Fireplaces and Cooking Hearths. It does not improve your efficiency at converting to food, but it does block other players from procuring them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfenced stables are not counted for points along with fenced in areas.

You can bake bread when you take one of the bread baking ovens. I think they say it right on them.

You would get whatever points the multiple ovens are worth. Multiple ovens do not cook the same animal multiple times, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brown
United States
Ofallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
King Agricola
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ovens do not cook animals. Only fireplaces and cooking hearths do....laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
In theory. You could use two ovens to bake if you hit the limit on one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot one question.

I know the parent animals can be anywhere and that their children can to I suppose. But are you allowed to move around animals any way you want all the time?

Like for instance if I have a pasture with one wild board and a cow at home and then I want to get another cow am I screwed / have to cook it or can I switch places of my wild board and cow so I have the wild board at home and the cow in the pasture and then add the second cow to the pasture?

I assume I can but I was glancing over the rules and couldn't see it mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can rearrange your animals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeoster wrote:
Pastures have to be fenced. An unfenced stable is not a pasture.
scifiantihero wrote:
Unfenced stables are not counted for points along with fenced in areas.
Thank two
Yeoster wrote:
When one purchases either the Clay or Stone Oven, there is a free baking action. That comes with the ovens. You can read the text on the two major improvement cards to see that.
scifiantihero wrote:
You can bake bread when you take one of the bread baking ovens. I think they say it right on them.
Sorry. I hadn't thought about looking at the cards

I played late last night with my mother and her man but the room was poorly lit, I had only played a half game before, we played the family version and wasn't supposed to do any scoring and neither of them was interested in hearing the rules before playing so I didn't cared much for the major improvements. I "kinda" new what they was for =P, I also missed that the fire place could had been upgraded for the cooking heart for free

That explains why I couldn't find anything about it in the improvement section or the last pages in the manual where the major improvements was explained
Fizbin44 wrote:
Ovens do not cook animals. Only fireplaces and cooking hearths do....laugh
Yeah but it was a grain and bread only strategy / question whatever the game could be won with only those so I assumed it didn't involved animals. Though an alternative could of course be "if you can't get sow and bake and hence will starve just get a fire place and cook your animals." But well, that wouldn't be very vegan would it?!
Yeoster wrote:
Note that the Fireplaces and Cooking Hearths, when purchased, do not give you that free baking action.
Once again, thank you. I just happened to see that in some thread here and assumed it was for all of them but didn't remembered having read anything about it (and cooking seem to be something you can always do.)
Yeoster wrote:
Yes, you can have multiple Fireplaces and Cooking Hearths. It does not improve your efficiency at converting to food, but it does block other players from procuring them.
scifiantihero wrote:
You would get whatever points the multiple ovens are worth. Multiple ovens do not cook the same animal multiple times, however.
Lawcomic wrote:
In theory. You could use two ovens to bake if you hit the limit on one.
Saw the later one somewhere to. Thanks for all the points and help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only bake bread with a bake bread action. Bake bread actions come from sow/bake bread and when purcahsing ovens or from occupations/minor improvements that you play from your hand.
When you bake bread you can use all ovens (including minor improvements)and bake bread using hearths.

Buying multiple heaths not only blocks your opponents, it also secures victory points

If you build stables you fill spaces in your farm that would give negative points if unused. It also allows you to hold another animal type per stable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.