Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... my birthday is in the end of May, but my boyfriend got a little excited and gave me my present early. A couple weeks ago he gave me an early gift.... A blue spindown the size of my fist! And then today he gave me an entire Avacyn Restored Booster Box!!! And although I wish he wouldn't have spent so much money on me.... I a SUPER EXCITED!!! And I had to brag a little, lol!

So, what was the last gaming related gift you got?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a bag of Carcassonne meeple fruit gums from Hans im Glück when they sent back the prototype of my game "Eisberg".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it was Illusio as a thank you for helping a friend. Before that was christmas, that were a few games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well my hubby has been a little busy lately and hasn't had a moment to think about Mother's Day plans, let alone gifts. So I helped him out and ordered a copy of Hawaii on his behalf.

Normally, I don't have to step in like that he's very good about getting me games. I got a stack for my birthday in March, I got one or two for Valentines and at least three for Christmas. Mother's day is pretty much it until next Christmas unless he gets me one for our anniversary.

It's great having someone who indulges you in your hobbies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Crane
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while since I've gotten a game as a gift. This past year's Xmas and Bday presents from my spouse were all non game related things. We've been together a while and I was a bit burned out of just getting games on special occasions so my spouse really went creative and got me some wicked awesome stuff I wanted.

I guess I'd have to say our copies of Mystery Rummy: Jekyll & Hyde and Haggis were the last gaming 'gifts' we received, sort of a gift to ourselves. We have a bit of a tradition of buying games on the way to the hospital to have our kids. My son was born in September, so these were the games I picked out to play while we were guests of the IWK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My husband got me Little Dead Riding Hood for Valentine's Day. Fairy tale + zombie themes is a great combination for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dugas
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I can cheat a little bit, the last game I will have received after this coming weekend will be Tobago, which is sitting unopened waiting for Mother's Day. Before that, the last gift was Asara for Christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
jessicac wrote:
My husband got me Little Dead Riding Hood for Valentine's Day. Fairy tale + zombie themes is a great combination for me.

What do you think of the game? It looks so pretty and I love the theme. I've been thinking about this game and would appreciate your opinion on it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
jessicac wrote:

What do you think of the game? It looks so pretty and I love the theme. I've been thinking about this game and would appreciate your opinion on it

I enjoyed it - the twisted fairy tale elements keep me amused, though it would be nice if there were more kinds of cards. Not a lot of depth but it makes a good quick play for two people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a mini mart gc for my bday! Best present ever. This person was not sure what game to give me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
badge
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the video game Terraria from my boyfriend so we could play it together
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gertrude McFuzz

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the last three years, my husband has pledged to play one game with me for each day of my birthday month. Since we get so busy with the kids and life in general, April can be our best gaming month of the year, and it's awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My partner got me Ascension Chronicle of the Godslayer a few weeks ago for our monthiversary (4yr 4m)... Well, she said it was for me, but I know secretly she just wanted the game and was using our silly tradition to get it... not that I'm complaining! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
My stepson and daughter-in-law gave us a copy of Caylus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Homan
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Ora et Labora for my birthday from my wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Castle Panic from my mum. It wasn`t even my birthday, though it was during my birthday gift from my sister (the gift being a travel by train). My mum bought me a game right out of the blue!surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There is no Dana, only Zuul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the last thing my husband got me was about a month and a half ago - an expansion to BSG. We got married about five weeks ago so haven't had time to play it together. He was nice enough to text me two weeks ago, during a get together with friends, that they were playing it and someone else was playing my favorite character. *shakes fist angrily*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
xilan wrote:
I think the last thing my husband got me was about a month and a half ago - an expansion to BSG. We got married about five weeks ago so haven't had time to play it together. He was nice enough to text me two weeks ago, during a get together with friends, that they were playing it and someone else was playing my favorite character. *shakes fist angrily*

Just got married? Many happy returns!!kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xilan wrote:

Congrats! Yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay Lee
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i signed up for a gift exchange on reddit and someone sent me 16 games. amazing and crazy
http://redditgifts.com/gallery/gift/holy-moly-warhammer-blac...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keren Form
United States
Forest Hills
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was just my birthday a couple weeks ago and I got Tobago, Castle Panic, AND its expansion and Tikal II. Pretty awesome haul I'd say
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jes m
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My fiance got me Quarriors! as a congratulations gift for finishing my first year as a teacher! I LOVE dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elida wrote:
Just got married? Many happy returns!!kiss
I did, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xilan wrote:

Doesn't the new game room count as a game related purchase? Sure, technically we don't own it yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SabreRedleg wrote:
Doesn't the new game room count as a game related purchase? Sure, technically we don't own it yet...

Really? I'm receiving the game room?? Well isn't interesting...devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.