Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm organizing a "play all day" face-to-face game of Here I Stand at my monthly wargame meet-up on Saturday, May 26th, running from 10 AM until 6 PM.

We're looking for a mix of first time players (like me) and understanding/patient veteran players, so that the game moves along at an even pace, but isn't intolerant of HiS newbs.

We hope that everyone who signs up has read the rules in advance and/or has played at least once before, to reduce downtime due to unfamiliarity. We're also trying to avoid any sort of rules explanation - basically, we set up at 9:30 AM, start at 10 AM, and play straight through until 6 PM.

This game will be hosted by Canucks Amuck, the monthly wargaming meet-up in Toronto - we have a quiet, dedicated gaming space and facilities to eat lunch separately from the gaming table (or to plot your Alliance's eventual ascendancy!)

We'll probably be playing on the huge conference table pictured in the second picture above. Nice, comfy leather armchairs, damask tablecloth, the works!

Post your username and interest (also, if you are interested in any specific faction) to sign up here and I'll contact you by PM to send periodic update e-mails between now and game day.

We currently have four slots available (two are taken, the other player has played before). No power has been picked yet - being a newb, I'm content to take what is left over after the veterans have chosen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this will be my last kick at the can at trying to dig up players for Here I Stand for an all-day session this Saturday, May 26th.

We still need four additional players (two have already expressed interest, including me) for a game which would, as outlined above, set up at 9:30, start at 10, and run until 5:30 (seven and a half hours).

If I can't get enough players committed to the game by late Wednesday night, I think it best that I call it off and then try to reschedule for another time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sure wish I could come, but it would be a bit of a commute for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spartax wrote:
I sure wish I could come, but it would be a bit of a commute for me.

I appreciate the enthusiasm, Sam!

Still hoping for players (within reasonable commute distances) with fingers crossed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's the Wednesday before and I still only have me and one other person signed up to play, so I'm going to have to reluctantly cancel.

I'm still looking to play this sometime in the next couple of months, so if you're in the Toronto area and are interested in a FtF game, let me know here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kozure wrote:
Well, it's the Wednesday before and I still only have me and one other person signed up to play, so I'm going to have to reluctantly cancel.

I'm still looking to play this sometime in the next couple of months, so if you're in the Toronto area and are interested in a FtF game, let me know here.

If you can't get a FtF game in Toronto, then I'm doomed in Halifax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
Kozure wrote:

If you can't get a FtF game in Toronto, then I'm doomed in Halifax.

There were a lot of people who were interested, but many of them didn't want to commit to an entire day or that particular Saturday.

Some of them wanted to play over several evenings, some of them wanted to play on a different date. I'm going to try again.

Ironically, someone was looking for extra players for Virgin Queen last weekend, but I couldn't make it that particular weekend either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.