juan c marquez
Mexico
ZAPOPAN
JALISCO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Need a few games that can be played at the beach. Will play 90% 2p, so it must play well with 2p. Please dont recommend games as Chess, Hive as they are to thinky and abstract. (We enjoy heavier games such as shipyard and dungeon petz, but not heavy abstract games).

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Whyman
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
I need more TIME
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually play ball or sand castle myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're talking about something to play literally on the beach, you'll want something water and sand resistant. And with few components that can blow away or get lost.

If that's the case, I'd go with something like Can't Stop or Martian Dice. All plastic components and pretty indestructible. Unfortunately, they're not heavy or thinky. I wouldn't take something that requires a lot of setup or has a lot of pieces to the beach.

You might fare well with a card game, like Haggis, Archaeology the Card Game, or Jaipur. Just keep the cards high and dry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
travel blokus is waterproof
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Oakey
United Kingdom
Dartford
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We usually play mancala at the beach. Just dig 12 little pits and 2 bigger pits, then hunt out some pebbles, shells or coins to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're talking about games you can play on the beach, you might try something like:

Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age
Catan Dice Game

If you're talking about games you can play while you are on vacation there (at the hotel/condo/beach house/etc.), you might try:

Lords of Waterdeep
Mage Knight Board Game
The Castles of Burgundy
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.