584 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Ghost Town. Game On! First lynch Monday. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Valvard
msg tools
From first to last, from last to first, werewolf means *not* being cursed.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A straight werewolf game with one tiny twist - even when you die you still take part. No more D1 lynch blues

Team Evil
2 Wolves - nightkill, common chat. Reveal on death: 'Wolf'.
1 Sorcerer - night view for Seer [Yes/No]. Reveal on death: 'Mystic'.

Team Good
1 Seer - night view for Wolves [Yes/No]. Reveal on death: 'Mystic'.
2 Mediums - while at least one Medium is alive, all players who die become ghosts (see below). Nightly protect one player from ghost effects. Mediums share a chat. Reveal on death: 'Mystic'.
X Villagers - Reveal on death: 'Villager'.

Ghosts
Ghosts are produced while at least one Medium lives, but will still survive after the Mediums die (though no new ghosts are produced from that time).
Each ghost may post exactly once each day, and the post is restricted to a single vote on a living player. No amendments, edits or unvote/nightfalls are permitted. The post should read simply
Ghost wrote:
zombie[vote XXXX]zombie
A ghost's vote is worth half a vote, and standard LHLV applies to the total, whether the final vote in the tally is ghostly or otherwise.

A Wolf ghost does not remain in Wolfchat, but a Medium ghost DOES remain in the Medium Chat.
Wolves and Mystics lose all night action abilities when they become ghosts.

Haunts
Each night, a ghost MUST haunt a living player. Failure to choose will result in a random selection.
A ghost who has been lynched may haunt any player who voted for him at his lynch.
A ghost who was nightkilled will learn the identities of the four mystics (Seer, Sorcerer and Mediums, but not which is which) and must haunt one of these. Consecutive repeats are not allowed unless there is only one viable haunt victim for the ghost.
If all possible haunt victims are dead, a ghost may haunt ANY living player.

Haunts have the following effects:
On a Mystic or Wolf:
1 Haunt causes nightmares (ie the player is aware of the haunting) but does not affect night action.
2 Haunts in the same night causes nightmares and failed night action. For Sorcerer or Seer this means a random result to the view (that is, the view is retargeted at a random, undisclosed living player). For a Medium it means that the protection is ineffective. For a Wolf it means not taking part in nightkill. If no Wolf kills, there is no kill (naturally).
3 or more Haunts in the same night causes failed night action WITHOUT nightmares.

A ghost haunting either Seer or Sorcerer learns the result of the view [Yes/No] and its intended target, but not its context, nor whether it was impaired by 2 or more Haunts.

On a non-Mystic, non-Wolf:
1 Haunt causes nightmares and halved vote power the next day.
2 Haunts in the same night causes nightmares, with insanity the next day; cast votes will have no strength.
3 or more Haunts in the same night causes hemorrage and death (this counts as a nightkill and will not be distinguishable from wolfkill in the text at Dawn).

Exorcism
If the ghosts get too annoying or dangerous, they can be eliminated.
A lynch vote for 'No Lynch' will lead to (duh) no lynch. Instead, the village will hold an exorcism, and all ghosts currently in existence will be laid to rest. If a Medium is still alive, further ghosts can subsequently be created, and a further exorcism would be needed to remove these, at the cost of yet another lynch.
Only exorcised ghosts will have access to the deadchat; ghosts cannot communicate with each other in the limbo of the real world.

Victory
1. Both Wolves are dead (or ghosts) - GOOD VICTORY
2. Wolves achieve parity with non-Wolves - EVIL WINS

Since multiple deaths can in theory happen at night due to the effect of Haunts, it is conceivable that everyone is dead at Dawn on the final day, in which case all remaining ghosts win. Just for laughs.

Order of night effects
Haunts
Views
Wolfkill
Hauntkill

Night 0
Seer gets negative view.
Sorcerer gets negative view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ghost Town. Game for 15+. Sign up, starts when full.
Player List According to Cassandra:
cjdotcom
clockworkd
copyWright
dalcross
dbmurph22
greek2me
HerbieGRD
jageroxorz
jamgar
LudesFactor
Melsana
riot
yiatzi

13 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8009...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ghost Town. Game for 13+. Sign up, starts when full.
Ohh, I love Javal games.... and playing this should help me judge how well I'll be able to play the Doctor Who game with my new job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds pretty awesome. I'm not sure if I can work the lynch time though, depending on when it starts, but I hope I can.

A couple of rule clarification questions:

How long does the effect of a haunt last? All the 2+ effects say "on the same night" but the 1 haunt = nightmares doesn't specify whether the haunting could have occurred on a previous night.

Let's say I'm lynched by players A B C on D1. I choose to haunt A on N1. B is NKed, C is lynched D2. If A does not die, I would have to haunt him N2, N3, etc.?

Similar scenario: I'm lynched by players A B C on D1. I choose to haunt A on N1. C is NKed N1. Assuming A and B don't die, I would have to haunt B on N2, then A on N3, B on N4, etc?

Are non-mystics aware of their insanity?

Can seer/sorcerer choose to not submit a view order, view themselves, or view a previously viewed target?

How does it work with two wolves and the possibility of failed night actions due to haunting? Do the wolves get two separate night kill orders? What happens if there are two different orders, but neither wolf is haunted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clockworkd wrote:
A couple of rule clarification questions:

How long does the effect of a haunt last? All the 2+ effects say "on the same night" but the 1 haunt = nightmares doesn't specify whether the haunting could have occurred on a previous night.
All haunt effects are one night only, non-cumulative. Saying 1 haunt on the same night as itself just felt redundant
Quote:
Let's say I'm lynched by players A B C on D1. I choose to haunt A on N1. B is NKed, C is lynched D2. If A does not die, I would have to haunt him N2, N3, etc.?
Until he died, yes. Your haunt target pool is restricted and overrides the 'no sequential haunts' rule. Only when your target pool is all dead are you free to haunt anyone else.
Quote:
Similar scenario: I'm lynched by players A B C on D1. I choose to haunt A on N1. C is NKed N1. Assuming A and B don't die, I would have to haunt B on N2, then A on N3, B on N4, etc?
Correct. Vengeful spirits are not imaginitive.
Quote:
Are non-mystics aware of their insanity?
Yes. I have corrected the text to 'nightmares and insanity'.
Incidentally, role-playing this is not obligatory, but is welcome if players feel so inclined.
Quote:
Can seer/sorcerer choose to not submit a view order, view themselves, or view a previously viewed target?
They may. Viewing is not restricted.
Quote:
How does it work with two wolves and the possibility of failed night actions due to haunting? Do the wolves get two separate night kill orders? What happens if there are two different orders, but neither wolf is haunted?
Wolves get a single night kill between them, in the normal way, whether both or only one is still alive.
In the event that all living wolves have their night action fail due to haunts (unlikely in the case of two wolves, due to the limited number of ghosts) then there will be no nightkill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the lynch time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lynch at 4pm, as per usual for my games. How are you. Val?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian B
United Kingdom
Cambridge
CAMBS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra. s
ome familiar faces round here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Love Bug
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
This looks like fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One quick clarification:
The Mediums offer a protection from ghosts each night- that is to say, there is only a single protection whether there both Mediums are alive or only one still is (kinda like Wolves killing only one person even when both are alive).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ghost Town. Game for 13+. Sign up, starts when full. 10/13 - last few places?
Bump - needing 3 more players to get this rolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Miss Late
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ghost Town. Game for 13+. Sign up, starts when full. 10/13 - last few places?
I just signed up on Cassandra. But I can't play both Allegience and Ghost Town at the same time (:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ghost Town. Game for 13+. Sign up, starts when full. 12/13: One place left, starts Monday
No worries - I shan't run both at the same time, Copy!
Need one last player but the game can work with 12 to 15 so barring dropouts we shall start on Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Gilbert
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ghost Town. Game for 13+. Sign up, starts when full. 12/13: One place left, starts Monday
I just signed up on Cassandra.

...it's making my head spin a little, but it sounds interesting. I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ghost Town. Game for 13+. Last calls for extra players. Can fit 1-2 more if anyone wants in. Starts Monday.
Good to have you.

Last calls now for additional players or alts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ghost Town. Game for 13+. Last calls for extra players. Can fit 1-2 more if anyone wants in. Starts Monday.
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in brackets:
[vote jmilum]

3. If your game allows, and you [vote nightfall] your vote will
be locked. Your moderator may have disabled nightfall votes.

4. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread
regularly if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each
game day) are also available on the Cassandra game page.

5. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

6. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

7. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

8. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

9. Editing a vote post will invalidate the vote and it will not be counted.

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Force Vote Tally' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow Nightfall votes.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow No Lynch votes.

Vote Log Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8009...
Vote Tally Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8009...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Accepting alts with gladness, but I'm short on time this weekend so I'm setting the game going now. Any extra players who are interested in signing up, spaces are open in my other game Allegiance, which will start after this one finishes (and when it fills!)

Players being PM'd to alert them to the game starting.

First lynch Monday 14th at 4pm BGG.

Game on!

[Dawn]

It is a small settlement, on the edge of nowhere in particular.
Home to the strays and outcasts of society. Some came to escape oppressors. Some came to find peace. Some came because they felt they had nowhere else to go. Some came by chance.

The called their village Tolerance, and that was the value to which they adhered. Pasts were not relevant here, and not permitted to intrude upon the meagre present. Those who wanted more simply left.

Then the drought hit. Times were tough, and the borehole threatened to dry up. The community came together to dig a new well in the centre of the town.

They unearthed a casket. Markings on the side in a foreign script, and within, two mummified hearts bound in tarnished metal. The disgusting artefact was left to one side in the diggings.

That night, the wind howled more desperately against the shacks than anyone remembered. Like a horde of lost souls, or hounds baying at the moon. Folk had dreams - nightmares - of tortured spirits. And at dawn they found the casket lying open.

A holy man was sent for - a hermit who lived on a ridge a little way off. A scholar.

He read the script on the casket. He looked grave.

Two tormented souls had been held within, he said, bound in bands of silver. Someone had released them. Someone with knowledge of incantations, and pretensions to sorcery and demon-worship.

Those twin demon spirits, opined the hermit, most likely had taken residence within the bodies of members of the community. No good would come of this, he warned. Only by binding the hearts of the spirits' hosts in the metal bands could they be tethered once more.

And he led the community in a ritual, to cleanse the place of any lingering ghosts.

The wind was less violent that night, and ghost-filled nightmares did not trouble the minds of the villagers. But for those who woke, the howling was, if anything, greater. Hungrier.

At dawn, the lifeless body of the hermit was found near the newly dug well, clotted blood trailing from eyes, ears and mouth, with a look of terror and utmost horror upon his face.

So now, it falls to all of you - your fate rests upon this: You must put each other to the question, and when you have found the hosts of these tortured souls you must put them to death, and bind their hearts in bands of silver, and so re-establish the prison on the demons.

[Dawn]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. I won't likely be on much over the weekend. Hopefully you guys aren't too talkative and give me too much to catch up on, on Monday... you can get more talkative then.

Just a note for my participation... it will likely be in spirts and broken by long periods of silence. Cause at work I'm doing a lot of work on a system that I have to connect to via VPN and when i do, that system is closed to the outside, so I loose all internet connections other than my connection to that computer. So I'll only be able to follow the game when I disconnect from the VPN.

Okay... Now lets have fun. (First WW game I'm playing since getting this job. - Hope I don't kill too much of my productivity).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Love Bug
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I will also only be around sporadically over the weekend

Sup thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed about the weekend. I imagine we'll pick right up on Monday with the finger-pointing and misunderstandings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Love Bug
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
greek2me wrote:
Agreed about the weekend. I imagine we'll pick right up on Monday with the finger-pointing and misunderstandings.
Only a wolf would say something like that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Gilbert
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weekend: agreed. hi to all. thanks for having me! let's do it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greek2me wrote:

[Vote greek2me]

Fashionably early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (13/13) - # - Voted by

greek2me - 1 - dbmurph22(1)

Not Voting: cjdotcom, clockworkd, copyWright, dalcross, greek2me, HerbieGRD, jageroxorz, jamgar, LudesFactor, Melsana, riot, yiatzi

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 4:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 5:00 PM BGG
---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

dbmurph22 - 1 - greek2me(1)

Not Voting: cjdotcom, clockworkd, copyWright, dalcross, greek2me, HerbieGRD, jageroxorz, jamgar, LudesFactor, Melsana, riot, yiatzi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] |