Boris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Toys for Thought has finally updated/restocked a healthy portion of their bargains section, and there are some pretty good deals there.

Free shipping is at $150, and there is a flat shipping fee for any orders below that threshold.
In the past, people have mentioned seeing a tax charge on their order, but TFT actually refunds that when they process the order.

Link to the bargains section of the site:

http://toysforthought.com/store/category/6/211/BARGAINS/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pilnick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like good to decent prices but nothing I've been wanting. Thanks for posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
wish they had a "display all" or at least an option to display more than 20 per page when there are 269 items in that category
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
with they had a "display all" or at least an option to display more than 20 per page when there are 269 items in that category

i just went thru all the pages and clicked on 20 or so items, and every single one was out of stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Risk: Legacy for $30. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody in NYC / Long Island have $50 or more worth of items they'd like to order? I've got just under $100 worth of stuff that would be worth it with free shipping. Feel free to PM.

By this morning more than half of what I had in my cart was already out of stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
with they had a "display all" or at least an option to display more than 20 per page when there are 269 items in that category

i just went thru all the pages and clicked on 20 or so items, and every single one was out of stock.

Yeah, I just did the same. This website is pretty bad. I'm not bored enough to keep digging through their crap to find something in stock.

▼ see below ▼
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Freedom Rider - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry to hear you guys are not finding stuff. I feel like I ought to say that I've purchased from them in the past, and gotten very good service. They've never been my go-to etailer, because of limited selection, but I hope they're doing OK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah I'm not interested this time around but I have got some great deals from TFT in the past. 10-15 games or so ordered from them and always great service, prices, and speedy shipping from NJ to CT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy mayfield
United States
Florence
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
I like being weird. Weird's all I've got. That and my sweet style.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've purchased from these guys once in the past as well. They provided excellent service when I dealt with them and was able to find a copy of a game for me in the brick & mortar store that was listed as out of stock on there website.

If you see something that you are interested in, send them an email, they may just have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hardcase wrote:
I've purchased from these guys once in the past as well. They provided excellent service when I dealt with them and was able to find a copy of a game for me in the brick & mortar store that was listed as out of stock on there website.

If you see something that you are interested in, send them an email, they may just have it.

i tried emailing them more then once, and got no response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
abe18 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

Yeah, I just did the same. This website is pretty bad. I'm not bored enough to keep digging through their crap to find something in stock.

Go to advanced search, and click the checkbox for "in stock" and search games/bargains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
abrannan wrote:
tumorous wrote:
abe18 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

Go to advanced search, and click the checkbox for "in stock" and search games/bargains.

Man's a genius.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly recommend these guys. At first I was unsure due to their clunky website and never having heard of them before. I have since ordered multiple times from them and loved it! I even got extra gifts in the my package (Magic boosters, gaming magazines, etc.), a personal note, and CANDY!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jackson
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. Picked up a bunch of stuff including dungeon lords, 1960, and Risk Legacy for great prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hardcase wrote:

Sounds like that was a fluke actually. Just called and they said if the website shows only one in stock it's possible they're out, but if it shows none that there is zero chance they have any on the shelves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
NuMystic wrote:
hardcase wrote:

Sounds like that was a fluke actually. Just called and they said if the website shows only one in stock it's possible they're out, but if it shows none that there is zero chance they have any on the shelves.

You want to ask for Mike when you call. He's the guy who manages the boardgame side of the business, and can often dig up what I'm looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
borislock wrote:
and can often dig up what I'm looking for.

Often? How many times has he found an item for you on the shelves that was listed as out of stock online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
NuMystic wrote:
borislock wrote:

Often? How many times has he found an item for you on the shelves that was listed as out of stock online?

I'm lucky enough to be local, and on multiple occasions they have had a copy or two of an online out of stock title either on the sales floor or in storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carson Dech
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from them a couple times. Satisfactory orders. Looks like this thread cleaned them out.

Two months ago i picked up Mission Red Planet for 10, Android for 20 and the last copy of ad astra for 20. Last year I got Giants and something else really cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shilo Maggi
United States
Fircrest
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
borislock wrote:

He actually managed to dig up a copy of an Out of Stock game for me as well. Told me it would ship yesterday, then ran into a small hiccup, which delayed shipping by one day. While most of us wouldnt think twice about a one day delay (on the receiving or shipping end), he took the time to email me and let me know. As my first order, that really set them out as head and shoulders above the competition, for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To follow up on my earlier question and echo the above post, Mike is amazing. Not only did he find a number of titles that were apparently out of stock according to the website, he walked through the store and gave me on the fly offers for items he's looking to clear out.

Do not hesitate for one moment to call as often as it takes to catch him in the store. He will take care of you in a way that I have yet to experience with any OLGS or FLGS to date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.