Subject: Looking for a good WWII experience rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom glass
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am on the hunt for a good WWII game that plays with multiple players and is not Axis and Allies. Ideally it would play well with four people and either have scenarios with varied lengths (some only a couple hours long)to a full campaign.

Complexity is not too much of an issue, but preferably a game that is not too stepped in the minutiae.

I am more interest in the European theatre, but don't mind exploring the pacific.

Thank you, in advance, for all of your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of scale are you looking for (Tactical, Operational, Strategic)?

Tide of Iron is a tactical game that plays well with 2-4. Has a variety of scenarios and expansions.

If you're looking for something operational, take a look at the Standard Combat Series. The rules are relatively light for a wargame and you can often divide each side up into teams (eg: P1 and P2 manage the Soviets, P3 and P4 manage the Axis).

Battle for Germany is also a relatively light wargame that plays very well with 2, 3 or 4.

If you're looking for something strategic and global, perhaps something like Rise and Decline of the Third Reich. It's a 'step up' from Axis and Allies, but is a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this might only be 2 players, but its the best "not too simple, not too hard" wwII wargame in my opinion: Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! – Kursk 1943 and its ilk.

Also, what about Sergeants Miniatures Game: Day of Days

Or just gather your resources and friends and get into the new 3rd edition of Flames of War: The World War II Miniatures Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Casarrubios
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Memoir '44 is great with 2, and absolutely brilliant with 4 (I haven't tried the 8-player overlord scenarios... yet). And you can try it out online before you buy it, so you don't need to trust me blindly.

The single best WW2 game I've ever tried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.