Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the canal any different than a river?

Can both players import from the same foreign city (essentially making the other foreign city useless?

Is the first cube added to the foreign cities during the first phase of the first turn or at the end of the first turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus G
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
biscuits409 wrote:
Is the canal any different than a river?

I play using the canal the same as a river. I couldn't find any official answer in the rules, and we've had some debates about why they would put in a canal specifically if it's just the same as a river. We came to the conclusion that it was put in there for "geographical accuracy" as opposed to any effect on the game play.

biscuits409 wrote:
Can both players import from the same foreign city (essentially making the other foreign city useless?

Yes.

biscuits409 wrote:
Is the first cube added to the foreign cities during the first phase of the first turn or at the end of the first turn?

Each foreign city starts with a cube initially (and the supply tracks are full). A cube is moved from the supply track into the foreign city at the end of each turn. The last cube gets moved from the supply track at the end of turn 6. Because of this the supply track is a good way to keep track of how many turns are left in the game (empty supply track = one last turn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Canals only matter in the incoming Great Britain expansion as far as I know. Otherwise they are identical to rivers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus G
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I found in this thread Unclear city colors on 2-player map the designer himself says canals are the same as rivers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G K
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Mattel Electronics Presents
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noticed tonight it's kind of annoying to have the canal artwork on this map now that the canal rules are available for the GB map in expansion 2. Guess this "canal" doesn't connect anything, but it still stands out after looking for the chevrons on the other map.

Wonder why the canal artwork was used on this map. With this, and the color mixup, I hope there is a corrected reprint at some point in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.