Subject: FFG Counter Sheets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I wasn't sure where to post this, but I have had this question for a long time and curious minds want to know. I have always noticed that most board games use the same die to cut every (or most) counter sheets. I assume this is so they only have to make one die for cutting since they are expensive. It looks like a fun game to try to figure out how to get everything to fit with the same cut-out pattern on each counter sheet.

I have also noticed that FFG games don't seem to have this at all. Usually every counter sheet is completely different, they have all kinds of crazy shapes, etc. Do they use some sort of ability to reconfigure their dies for cutting? Do they just not care and shoot for the best quality of components without worrying about reducing the cost? Can anybody who is "in the know" help me understand this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG always makes top quality games components IMHO. There may be specific component issues from time to time due to the sheer variety and volume, its bound to happen but i have yet to say that a whole game is substandard production.

SO this is why FFG is my game maker of choice, only if i am looking for a subject that they don't make will i venture to other manufacturers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
FFG always makes top quality games components IMHO. There may be specific component issues from time to time due to the sheer variety and volume, its bound to happen but i have yet to say that a whole game is substandard production.

SO this is why FFG is my game maker of choice, only if i am looking for a subject that they don't make will i venture to other manufacturers.

I agree. However, I am curious if anybody knows how they actually manage to manufacture games with different cut-patterns for each counter sheet. I have seen games with 8 counter sheets that seem to each have a separate die for the cuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.