• [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Aw, don't be a spoil sport and delete the OP. It just makes the thread not make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I awoke this morning to the first wet dream I've experienced in years. I've really got to get this old bladder-infected cat to the vet.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about that. I had hoped deleting my original post would delete the whole thread, but it doesn't work that way (I now know).

The other thread was several pages back -- I only checked the first two to see if it had already been posted. I didn't realize the article I was linking to was nearly a week old. Serves me right for not spending all my spare time on Chit-Chat....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
claymore_57 wrote:
Sorry about that. I had hoped deleting my original post would delete the whole thread, but it doesn't work that way (I now know).

The other thread was several pages back -- I only checked the first two to see if it had already been posted. I didn't realize the article I was linking to was nearly a week old. Serves me right for not spending all my spare time on Chit-Chat....

No prob. A lot of people make that mistake. I think the admins have it set up this way so that a user can't delete other users' contributions by deleting a thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmb
Leezer wrote:
claymore_57 wrote:

No prob. A lot of people make that mistake. I think the admins have it set up this way so that a user can't delete other users' contributions by deleting a thread.
I think that deleting the OP used to delete the whole thread, but that caused much consternation, with the Yahoo Boots thread (for which they made a one-off exception), and later with at least one user who deleted all his content and then closed his account (for which they changed the rule so that the deletion of that user's content didn't delete anybody else's posts).

Edit: I might have that completely wrong, but it's my understanding of it anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cringing Dragon wrote:
Leezer wrote:
claymore_57 wrote:

I think that deleting the OP used to delete the whole thread, but that caused much consternation, with the Yahoo Boots thread (for which they made a one-off exception), and later with at least one user who deleted all his content and then closed his account (for which they changed the rule so that the deletion of that user's content didn't delete anybody else's posts).

Edit: I might have that completely wrong, but it's my understanding of it anyway.

Sounds right. I think the change dates back to Pat Hirtle's scorched earth debacle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmb
jonnylawless wrote:
Cringing Dragon wrote:
Leezer wrote:
claymore_57 wrote:

Sounds right. I think the change dates back to Pat Hirtle's scorched earth debacle.
Pat's the person I had in mind, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
<insert something pithy here>
badge
<insert something clever here>
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I think the change dates back to Pat Hirtle's scorched earth debacle.

BGG's scorched earth debacle might be a more accurate way to put it. In 2008 users were not given the option to delete their accounts while leaving their threads or other contributions intact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.