Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this will probably have an nomination for the "Dumbess question Evaaaarrrrr" but here I go:

- In the rules, under Combat or Battle chapter, when placing forces in the battle line they say something in the lines of "Then you have to match your Force with the opponent Force..."

I read the entire Battle example starting at page 14 or 15 and in the example, the 2 battle lines were placed with "matching" unit types...

My dumb question is: By matching, do the rules say that I have to match my unit type with my opponent unit type?!?!?blush

EX: My opponent place his first force, which is an Infantry unit type Force. On my turn I must place 2 forces and I place an Infantry Force and an Armor Force...must I absolutely place my Infantry Force in front of the Infantry Force of my opponent, ie, matching force types?

Damn, I feel so ridiculous askig this lol...it's just the term "Match" and the Battle expample are completely effing with my head!!!!!!!!

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Relax. Breathe.

Matching refers only to placing a force in the corresponding POSITION in your side of the battle line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
Nope. Relax. Breathe.

Matching refers only to placing a force in the corresponding POSITION in your side of the battle line.

Hahah thanks for the breathing tip lol!
I hoped it wasn't like I posted and glad it is not.

Thanks for the reply, i'll be able to better understand the clustered rulebook once and for all.

I've read it 2 times now and still have problems with Battles...LOTS of little exceptions here and there like "Surprise" and all the Repositionning/Flanking rules...lots of stuff and not very clear for me.

Hope all will be cool after a couple of plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you'll do fine. I'm also new to the game but I've discovered that PLAYING is actually a lot easier than reading through the rules.

Gameplay is surprisingly easy -- certainly easier than the rules make it seem. But after you play a couple of games, you'll go back and discover these little options that you forgot and will try out next time.

I can teach this game in about 10 minutes, assuming we have the reference sheets in the back of the rulebook handy. It's much easier to learn than a lot of my other games with much smaller rulebooks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
I'm sure you'll do fine. I'm also new to the game but I've discovered that PLAYING is actually a lot easier than reading through the rules.

Gameplay is surprisingly easy -- certainly easier than the rules make it seem. But after you play a couple of games, you'll go back and discover these little options that you forgot and will try out next time.

I can teach this game in about 10 minutes, assuming we have the reference sheets in the back of the rulebook handy. It's much easier to learn than a lot of my other games with much smaller rulebooks.

Thanks for your comment Brook!
The base mechanic is quite simple to grasp and can't wait to try the combat and see how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.