Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to make sure that Anti-Missile Missile cards nullified the ranged combat. I assume that is the case because they counteract the Weapon Systems card and the Weapon Systems card is required for ranged combat.

Some of the wording the rule book is a bit unclear, so I just wanted to check my comprehension.

Thanks!

Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way I'm reading it. The rules (R-14) state that Anit-Missile Missiles can only be played as a defensive measure against ranged attack.

It doesn't explicitly state that the attack is canceled in the Line-of-Sight Fire Attack paragraph like it does for Doomsday Bolt, Long Range Bombardment, or Smart Bomb, but I am assuming it cancels the attack just like in the case of those other cards.

I await verification in this regard. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
gheintze wrote:
I wanted to make sure that Anti-Missile Missile cards nullified the ranged combat. I assume that is the case because they counteract the Weapon Systems card and the Weapon Systems card is required for ranged combat.

Some of the wording the rule book is a bit unclear, so I just wanted to check my comprehension.

Thanks!

Geoff

That is correct, the Anti-Missle Missle cards stop ranged combat when played.

The text is more clear in the electronic version of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot use Anti-Missile Missiles when you're engaged in Close Combat, though, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I believe that is correct.

P14
A defending unit may not respond to a range attack when it is in a sector adjacent to an enemy unit

It was brutal in the online scenario " Jungles of prosperpine". The infantry can lock u down while your enemies blast you to pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Bullwinkle wrote:
You cannot use Anti-Missile Missiles when you're engaged in Close Combat, though, correct?

This is 90% correct. You cannot use an Anti-Missile Missile in defense of a ranged attack when in close combat. You can, however, play it against indirect attacks (Smart Bombs, Long Range Bombardment, and Doomsday Bolts), as it comes out of your hand not on the board.

To extend this out, this means you can play a target card against a range attack, assuming you weren't in close combat, AND respond to a smart bomb or Long Range Bombardment with an Anti-Missile Missile. You cannot respond to two ranged attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.