Popular Tags: [View All]
Bonaparte
United States
DesMoines
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My game groups is considering this game to fill the 3 - 6 person under three hour game. BGG says 120 minutes, the box says 90 minutes. experiences says a 1.75 multiplier should be applied to these numbers. So would those with a little experience give a time bracket for this game assuming players that play at a reasonable social pace. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I once (long, long ago) ran this game at a con for six new players, and we *just* finished up within our two-hour slot. It helped that I had mastery of the rules and that I was [initially] helping with logistics while the others played, and I was probably doing some subtle management to keep the pace moving, but I don't recall it being breakneck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mb
Because the game can end (and often does) before the 4th turn it can easilly be played above under that time. I would say 90 minutes as average time. If you play it with more than 4 players it tends to be longer. With 3 players I've played more than a dozen games taking no more than one hour. Tops!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience:

3 experienced players = 90-120 mins

6 newbies = 150-180 mins

M.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bonaparte
United States
DesMoines
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeb13603 wrote:
In my experience:

3 experienced players = 90-120 mins

6 newbies = 150-180 mins

M.

4 moderately experienced players?

5 players with AP?

3 newbies, 1 experienced, and 2 that wish they were playing Agricola?

2 women and 3 men?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 players--1.5 hours tops (50 min for early turn 3 end).
4 players--still 1.5 hours tops.
5-6 players--haven't played that enought to really know but I wouldn't think it would be more than +15 min.

The game turns end when the block supply is used up--not by any specific number of turns people have. More players just means less number of rounds, but still the same number of blocks played. Thus I don't think adding players should significantly slow the game down unless you've got someone that doesn't know what they're doing and just likes to make everyone needlessly wait for nothing.

Sure, new players are slower, but once you play a few games there really shouldn't be any delay. I would think you'd be able to play twice in 3 hrs.

Liberte is a fantastic multiplayer strategy game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.