Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am the instigator of board games in my friend circle. I introduced many many friends to the hobby with great success but Resistance was such an absurd success that I am really amazed. I usually introduce people to hard core euros and I bought Resistance only to have a party game alternative. Well it is the most played and requested game by far among both gamer and non gamer people in my group during the last month.

I "sold" some other games to friends, as they liked playing and bought a copy for themselves but the Resistance got to ridiculous levels, to a grand total of 8 copies until now. I bought my, we played, we went to the store we cleaned up the store and now whenever I make an online purchase there is someone requesting that I include a copy of the Resitance for themsleves it is really ridiculous (in a good way).

So even if I am not a party game enthusiast I have to commend the people who made this game it is remarkable how fun and easy it is and how effective it is to play with people who are not board gamers at all.

I would never pass the chance to play Brass: Lancashire for the Resistance but I can assure it is easier (almost too easy) to get 7 to 10 people to play the Resistance than get 4 to play Brass. The only minor complaint is that it is not nearly as good with 5 as it is with more people.

So if anyone wants to buy one single party game look no further than this one. Have fun lying, cheating and falsely incriminating your good buddies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sold 3 Agricolas so far. Great post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, I've converted so many and bought probably too many Resistance games as gifts. I wish they gave commissions!

Just goes to show you the mass appeal this game has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to the way the group is structured, it's likely I won't sell any. I've always thought that board games should be direct sales like Longaberger baskets or Stampin' Up! or Usborne Books. Get people to have game nights, and let them sell your catalog of games. Any commission you give me is going to more games, after all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it time to vote yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I know, I've definitely gotten at least 15 people I know to buy this game!

I also would say you should play it more at 5! It's great with 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

Agree completely! Thought I was the only one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1awesomeguy wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

Agree completely! Thought I was the only one.

Now that you say that, I do like a good 5er.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
Is it time to vote yet?

Exactly what a traitor would write. Did anyone else saw how he stuttered when he was typing?

Will give it another shot with 5 some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun per dollar The Resistance is hard to beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahahaha... this post...
Well, quite the same thing happened with me.
I bought it, played it with my friends, introduced it to several different groups and also made another version pnp with Mass Effect theme, sold my original copy to a friend, made some friends want to buy my pnp version and others buy the original. What a game...
This is resistance, and resistance is futile... devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.