Subject: Realism issues rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter A
United States
Brooklyn
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Battle of Leningrad has been of special interest to me and I always pick up a game on that topic, however I'll probably pass on this game.

The game uses the Manila '45 system, which I have and liked. However it has realism problems in this situation.

While I see no issue in the urban terrain, it's not realistic in open terrain.

The fire range for infantry units isn't factual. After one hex, the firepower is mainly mortars, which isn't the same as the units total firepower at close range. Also units weren't that densely packed together on open terrain, maybe for soviets in human wave attacks, but not for everyone.

Its probably a good game, however I purchase a wargame that tries to simulate the topic, so I'll pass for now.

If I have time in the future to tinker with it, I might get it, however for now there are other games on the same topic that I will spend my time with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.