Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadn't seen this posted on BGG yet:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaelmindes/ground-flo...

Hopefully, this'll generate a bit more activity...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
Hadn't seen this posted on BGG yet:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaelmindes/ground-flo...

Hopefully, this'll generate a bit more activity...

I was just coming to do that. Essen pickup has its own pledge levels, so if you want that, then please use those pledge levels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Bol
Netherlands
Woerden
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
Come play some games in Woerden!
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you bring other TMG games to Essen also?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What assurances can you give that the game will be ready for Essen. And if not, what is your plan for people who chose this option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cabol wrote:

That depends on how things go. As it is right now, pickup will be at another publisher's booth. But if there are hundreds of copies for pickup, then we might get to Essen and bring some other games with us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
100pcBlade wrote:
What assurances can you give that the game will be ready for Essen. And if not, what is your plan for people who chose this option?

I don't know how to answer that, other than by typing for 30 minutes about everything that I have done for the planning. I am uncomfortable committing to something like this if I cannot deliver.

If for some reason I cannot, then I will likely offer a pay for shipping OR full refund option.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
100pcBlade wrote:

Seriously? What "assurances" does any other game company make?

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
100pcBlade wrote:

Seriously? What "assurances" does any other game company make?

Cameron

They explain what steps they are taking to deliver within the timescales stated. He hasn't done that, preferring to say "trust me", but he has given a good And clear answer to what they will do if they dont make Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Diablo 3 is due out on May 15th, do you think it's appropriate to email Blizzard and ask what assurances they can give you that the game will actually come out then?

Do you call movie companies to ask what assurances they can give you that a particular movie is coming out on that date, before you make movie night plans?

I just find it mind boggling. Do you:

1. Think that somehow you're special and companies should send you a detailed list of everything they've done with regards to the delivery date. (nevermind that not every factor is within the company's control)

2. Don't trust companies to deliver on their word. (perhaps you were burned on this before)

3. Just come across really abrasive due to the inadequacies of text communication?

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or 4 - give some one like you something to do during the day. Sorry for boggling your mind.

I got an answer from the person I asked the question of and I now know I'm not going to get done for shipping if the game doesn't make it to Essen so I'm done with this thread now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
So Diablo 3 is due out on May 15th, do you think it's appropriate to email Blizzard and ask what assurances they can give you that the game will actually come out then?

Are you planning to make a trip to Germany on a particular day to pick up a copy of Diablo 3? If not, how is this a reasonable comparison?

Game schedules slip, and if that happens when you are arranging for an Essen pickup, you're suddenly in the position of having to pay very expensive international shipping, or not getting your game.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruce, I'm well aware how expensive international shipping can be, but given that Essen pickup was not originally offered until TMG could get certain factors locked in, it seems they would not have THEN offered Essen pickup unless they were reasonably sure.

Surely one does not expect companies to owe them some sort of detailed step-by-step list of their business practices?

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
Bruce, I'm well aware how expensive international shipping can be, but given that Essen pickup was not originally offered until TMG could get certain factors locked in, it seems they would not have THEN offered Essen pickup unless they were reasonably sure.

Surely one does not expect companies to owe them some sort of detailed step-by-step list of their business practices?

Check the post again. Someone considering whether to take this more risky option asked for assurances and whether there was a fallback plan (which is much the same thing). How is checking if there is a fallback plan similar to expecting a "detailed step by step list of their business practices"?

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally think that the release date is too close to Essen for my comfort level. I'm debating this because I am an American living in Germany and I will be at Essen 2012. Also, there were delays with Eminent Domain as well. I feel that with both of these considerations factored into the equation that I will just schedule shipping to my U.S. address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
cabol wrote:

That depends on how things go. As it is right now, pickup will be at another publisher's booth. But if there are hundreds of copies for pickup, then we might get to Essen and bring some other games with us.

Is this the arrangement you alluded to in the the "Disappointed with Essen Pick-up" thread that lead to (what sounds like, at least) non-kickstarter copies being sold at Essen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.