Popular Tags: [View All]
Eder Monaco
Italy
Rome
RM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Was wondering this... when you face a new quest/encounter cards; do you first study them to already prepare your deck and strategies, or you try a lucky all in without reading them and thus leaving the element of surprise for the first couple of games?

I just bought the game so I still can't tell myself how I will behave in the future

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I go in blind with new sets and enjoy the fun of dying horribly.

Then I start making a deck around countering what the scenario throws against me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kam
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I tend to go in as blind as possible. I'll give the quest cards a quick look just to get an idea of the overall goals, but not much more than that. If that lack of planning leads to a horrific death for my Fellowship . . . well, that just makes the planning for next time all the more enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Potato
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
I go in blind with new sets and enjoy the fun of dying horribly.

Then I start making a deck around countering what the scenario throws against me.

Same here. I prefer going in blind and seeing what happens. Makes the eventual win a little more rewarding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first game is always blind using a previously built deck...and I lose. Then I put together a deck specifically built to beat the new quest...and I lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harris
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
I go in totally blind, and keep going in blind until I've finally gotten my fellowship to the last quest card. I will begin to modify my deck after the first couple losses to help get past humps, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L H
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I take the deck I am currently using and try it out on the new scenario. I usually don't fare very well. Then I start trying to build a deck to beat that scenario...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McGranor Jr
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We generally read the quest cards and any encounter cards named on it, plus any of the ones spoiled online before we receive it. And of course, during sleeving there are ones that we catch a glimpse of. Then it's time to face it with whatever decks we decided to build that morning. No building decks for a certain quest for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maël Brustlein
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friends and I usually build roughly complementary decks and then decide which scenarios we'd like to play. I guess we're more of a "go in blind" group. We also play several adventures in a row without really adapting our decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, blind and often stupid...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mb
blind as a bat

i have adventure packs siting on my shelf which i will not even peek in to until i get them, and i will try hard not see the later quest cards until i have "earnt" the right to the read them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Builder
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that even if you read the quest cards before playing the scenario, you don't really understand what you are up against until you play through at least once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
jellyfish1 wrote:
I find that even if you read the quest cards before playing the scenario, you don't really understand what you are up against until you play through at least once.

This.

I don't go in blind - I will read encounter cards when sleeving them, and will usually have looked at the quest cards. I will not, however, have sat down and carefully studied them, and worked out the tactics, and built a deck, or anything like that. I will pickup my last deck and give it a run through or two, then think about what I have learned and tweak the deck accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.