United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A Centrifuge Too Far: Airborne Operations in Iran
Hi Pete- I really like all these fascinating and creative Memoir 44 adaptations you do, adding various pieces from many different eras. It shows that the base Memoir 44 game is a great, stable foundation to build other war scenarios on, as well as your amazing gift for creating new and original ideas.

A few questions:
1. Do you play using the original Memoir 44 cards? Do you make your own cards?
2. Other than a few special attributes (with all your new units), do most of the standard units play by the same rules as the units from Memoir 44? I am sure when it comes to new units, you would have to redesign almost all aspects of them. How do you incorporate the card usage into them?
3. Or do you scrap all the Memoir 44 rules and use your own?
4. How many Memoir 44 adaptations have you done?! Wow!
5. Do you have someone to play these scenarios with, or are they solitary works of love?
6. Do you sometimes pick battles that are pre-set for one of the combatants to lose because they are so utterly overwhelmed, or do you shoot for well-balanced scenarios?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Pete,

Great unit representations! You truly write the book on post-WW II M'44 updating and adapting. Heck, I wish you WOULD write a book!

I was thinking at the onset that a larger board, maybe a double "Battlelore," would be better, and your conclusion is similar. I hope you'll post another report on this scenario once you've tried the larger battlefield.

Now you've gone and given me a compulsive reason to hunt for "Funrise" stuff . . .

sure wish Hasbro would let the old Galoob stuff out again!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BreakLord!