Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dyeyk2000 wrote:

Well that was certainly useless. It doesn't show what the game looks like at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
It doesn't show what the game looks like at all.
That's why it's called a "teaser."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
arkayn wrote:

Is "teaser" slang for "pointless"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
That was like showing a picture of a red truck and saying "TEASER FOR THE NEW TRANSFORMERS MOVIE!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Clark
United States
Buda
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's cool for what it is...It was nice to see the characters lined up and stacked on one another. It gave a sense of size, especially with the JE elephants. Looking forward to the app!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to toot my own horn, but my Summoner Wars theme music is way better than that. whistle
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=426...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Easier

Fairport
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This makes me think that we won't be moving cards around a table, but maybe animated models for each unit. This also kinds of lines up with Colby's nose curling on the podcast when the Hero Academy topic pops up.

Pretty exciting stuff. It simply can't get here soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
jimmcmahon wrote:
arkayn wrote:

Is "teaser" slang for "pointless"?
Define pointless.

From wikipedia: A teaser campaign is an advertising campaign which typically consists of a series of small, cryptic, challenging advertisements that anticipate a larger, full-blown campaign for a product launch or otherwise important event. These advertisements are called "teasers" or "teaser ads". A teaser trailer upcoming film, television program, video game or similar, usually released long in advance of the product, so as to "tease" the audience.

Movie teasers, unlike typical theatrical trailers, are usually very short in length (between 30–60 seconds) and usually contain little, if any, actual footage from the film. Sometimes, it is merely a truncated version of a theatrical trailer. Teasers are usually only made for big-budget and popularly themed movies. Their purpose is less to tell the audience about a movie's content than simply to let them know that the movie is coming up in the near future, and to add to the hype of the upcoming release. Teaser trailers are often made while the film is still in production or being edited and as a result they may feature scenes or alternate versions of scenes that are not in the finished film. Other ones (notably Pixar films) have scenes made for use in the trailer only. Teaser trailers today are increasingly focused on internet downloading and the fan convention circuit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigeasier wrote:
This makes me think that we won't be moving cards around a table, but maybe animated models for each unit. This also kinds of lines up with Colby's nose curling on the podcast when the Hero Academy topic pops up.

Pretty exciting stuff. It simply can't get here soon enough.

I would hope so, it would be pretty lazy design otherwise. I understand why the physical game uses cards, it is far more cost effective. But ultimately SWs is a miniatures style tactics game, and considering existing IOS tactics games use models, it would be cheesy if IOS SWs had you pushing virtual cards around instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirenx wrote:

I would hope so, it would be pretty lazy design otherwise. I understand why the physical game uses cards, it is far more cost effective. But ultimately SWs is a miniatures style tactics game, and considering existing IOS tactics games use models, it would be cheesy if IOS SWs had you pushing virtual cards around instead.

Maybe have a model positioned on top of the card? Otherwise, players who start with the IOS game might feel like they're relearning the game if they play the physical version, and possibly visa versa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
Kirenx wrote:

Maybe have a model positioned on top of the card? Otherwise, players who start with the IOS game might feel like they're relearning the game if they play the physical version, and possibly visa versa.

Why would they feel like they're relearning the game? Most tactical games simply have players select a unit and that unit's stats are revealed. The physical version instead requires players to position themselves or the card in a way that they can read the stats. I think most people would accept that you can do different things in a digital design than you can with a physical one, especially in terms of cost. If the core gameplay is the same, those changes should not impact the learning curve between two versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd add that, while I can't say for the IPAD version, the IPhone version will require players selecting individual units to zoom in and read abilities whether or not the developers took the time to make models or slacked off and just used cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
dyeyk2000 wrote:

Well that was certainly useless. It doesn't show what the game looks like at all.
Thanks for saving my time. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotora wrote:
arkayn wrote:
dyeyk2000 wrote:

If you're anything like me, you're probably going to go look at it anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't care about the teaser, all I care about is a *DATE*!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
Jotora wrote:
arkayn wrote:
dyeyk2000 wrote:

If you're anything like me, you're probably going to go look at it anyway...
I haven't. But probably could have in the time I've spent having this conversation (I don't know how long the teaser is).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.