Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Clash of Cultures» Forums » News

Subject: It's Coming! Sophie lists Clash of Cultures as coming "later this year" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The General Forum has an ongoing discussion which can be read Here . Its predominantly a discussion of the rough transition when Filosophia with some people coming out on each side of the issue. The next to last post on the third page is Sophie who as part of the post mentions recent releases an upcoming releases....heres the part that caught my attention(emphasis added by me):

sophie tout court wrote:
Dear Dan,

In the last 10 months, we released some really great european games (and yes I can say that as I am only refering to BGG's ratings : Ora & Labora (Lookout Games), Dungeon Petz (Czech Board Games), Vinhos (WYG) and soon to come Africana (Abacusspiele), Tournay (Pearl Games) and the revised edition of Goa. We also released really great original Zman Games (and yes I can say that as I admit to being completely biased ) such as (and not only) Ares Project (mentionned here a few times), Undermining, Ninjato, Feudality (which was developped by Hanno and his team), Dark Minions, Pocket Battles #3 and later this year Equilibrion (this month), Battle Beyond Space, Atlantis Rising and Clash of Cultures.

I had long hoped it would be picked up by Z-man Games, so I'm really glad to see this first public mention of the game.

Edits: The numerous edits were my attempt to get the custom link right, but alas I never got it to work right, but the link is sitll there to read the original thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
HAPPY DANCE!!!

I was afraid that this game (and a future expansion for Merchants & Marauders) would be lost in the Z-Man/Filosofia shuffle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
sophie tout court wrote:
and soon to come Tournay
HAPPY DANCE

sophie tout court wrote:
and later this year Clash of Cultures
DOUBLE HAPPY DANCE

My day just got better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Looks like an ok game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chen
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jvdv wrote:
I can never have enough GOOD civilization games.
Currently, and I am a conservative rater, three civ games have my 10:

Civilization (will never be bettered; never)

Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization (an incredible design... civ-building without a map? no way! WAY!)

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game (forget it's original inspiration, this is an awesome civ-building game in its own right)

All clearly great games. But as you say, more good civ games cant hurt. Fingers crossed for a good reception. One thing is for sure, an unimaginable amount of love has gone into creating it. I hope it will show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
marqzen wrote:
[M]ore good civ games can't hurt.

Truer words have never been spoken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Marquez
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Looks good. Could be the underdog sleeper hit of the civ game genre that eclipse was for space empire genre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
M0DEM wrote:
Looks good. Could be the underdog sleeper hit of the civ game genre that eclipse was for space empire genre.

Not sure selling out, selling for 3x it's real price, and soaring up the bgg charts after being on the hotness for months is much of an underdog sleeper anything . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.