Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the revised Core set and I'm considering picking up the Original Core set to flesh out my troops. Maybe I'm just blind, but I've been to the official site and skimmed BGG and I don't see a detailed breakdown of which units are in the 2 sets.

This would be helpful when going through the Dust Warfare book trying to plan out an army to build.

Does anyone know where they can point me to this information, or perhaps know it off the top of their head?

Thank you very much.

Edit: A little more reading seems to suggest that you can get pretty much all of the units from the original set in smaller break out boxes that can be bought. Again, I still don't know which units these are, but that suggests I don't need the core set to get a majority of the figures, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Content of the original core set:

Axis:
- Battle Grenadiers
- Recon Grenadiers
- Laser Grenadiers
- Luther
- Ludwig
- Sigrid (cannot be bought separately)

Allies:
- The Gunners
- Recon Boys
- BBQ Squad
- Hot Dog
- Pounder
- Bazooka Joe (cannot be bought separately)
(Extra: the Pounder can also make a Mickey if you don't put it's cannon)

Note that if you buy those separately, there are some differences.
The axis medium walker box offer you to build the Luther, the Ludwig and the Lothar.
The allies medium walker box offer you to build the Hot Dog, the Pounder, the Steel Rain and the Mickey.
There's also a few boxes of regular troops that come with an extra sixth miniature, that allow you to do some of the "extras" mentionned in the Dust Warfare book that you can't do with the old core set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
That was super helpful. Thanks so much. It sounds like, since I already have the revised Core set, if I'm looking to get some troops with the extra units that Dust Warfare takes advantage of, it may be just as good to buy them in the smaller boxes, even if it's not quite as cost effective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tino C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I believe the cost to be lower if u get the old set. EBay has it for less than $150 at times. I think that is less than getting them al la carte. Most people suggest getting both sets if available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.