Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In a recent game the British played a card that listed 3 choices. I don't have the cards with me because the we left the game in progress at my friend's house. The three choices were something like
Lose one supply OR
Lose one card OR
Lose one Blitz counter.

My friend thinks that because the wording is "... the Axis must lose one supply OR lose one card ..." that the Axis player makes the choice. My contention is that since the Allies are playing their half of the card the Allies make the choice. Can you tell me which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Panzer2C wrote:
In a recent game the British played a card that listed 3 choices. I don't have the cards with me because the we left the game in progress at my friend's house. The three choices were something like
Lose one supply OR
Lose one card OR
Lose one Blitz counter.

My friend thinks that because the wording is "... the Axis must lose one supply OR lose one card ..." that the Axis player makes the choice. My contention is that since the Allies are playing their half of the card the Allies make the choice. Can you tell me which is correct?

This must be the "Long Range Desert Group" card.

Play at any time. The Axis Player
must choose to either discard one
random card - OR - one unused
available Blitz! marker - OR - lose
one Supply Point.

The card states that the Axis player "must choose".

So yes, it's the Axis player that decides what to lose.

BUT I'm not sure that I have the latest card version in front of me.

If the wording of the final published card is as you say (it does not have the "must choose" text), then indeed it would be the Allies that decides what the Axis will lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.