Subject: What is wrong with this world, part 94 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When there is such a person as a celebrity hairdresser without, apparently, any trace of irony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nothing but static
New Zealand
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how is that different to celebrity anything else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Meaningless means there's a strong limit to how much I can mess up!
badge
This overtext is not in use.
mbmbmbmbmb
David N wrote:
When there is such a person as a celebrity hairdresser without, apparently, any trace of irony.

Since he's dead, I guess there isn't any more (or at least one less).

Vidal Sassoon was pretty famous. At least he was famous for actually having a talent and doing something, which is a lot better than a seemingly growing number of celebrities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David N wrote:

And Part 95 - People who think they knew better and take issue with a celebrity hairdresser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolphinandrew wrote:
David N wrote:

Since he's dead, I guess there isn't any more (or at least one less).

Vidal Sassoon was pretty famous. At least he was famous for actually having a talent and doing something, which is a lot better than a seemingly growing number of celebrities.

A bit of a slippery road?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
I'm a cynical misanthrope, but I can't find anything wrong with this. If someone is able to charge ridiculous amounts of money for a haircut, more power to him.

BTW does anyone smell a game show? Germany's next celebrity toe nail clipper, anyone?

Would you need to get sets of toe-nail clippings for each foot? Sounds good to me!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David N wrote:
A bit of a slippery road?

I don't think so in this case. He was pretty important to the whole 'swinging sixties' thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David N wrote:

If that comes in the 94th position of wrong things in the world, then the world is not half wrong as I thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David N wrote:

You might want to check out the documentary about Vidal Sassoon - it's on Netflix, I think it's called "The Vidal Sassoon Movie" - because you don't seem to understand why Sassoon was a big deal. Sassoon was a celebrity hairdresser because when he opened his salon in the 50s, "natural" hairstyles were considered gauche or even improper - a civilized hairstyle for a proper lady involved a lot of hairspray, backcombing and curling. Sassoon's hairstyles - bold cuts using the way hair is naturally meant to hang - were a very key part of the Swinging Sixties and were a cultural force.

I mean, today the idea of a famous hairdresser is odd, because we take all of this stuff for granted because it's just there. But somebody had to invent these haircuts that helped change society, and Vidal Sassoon did that.

Oh, and he was also an Anti-Fascist soldier in Italy during World War II and then fought in the Hagenah in the late 40s. So there's that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
"What is wrong with Mos Eisley Spaceport, part 94"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
robigo wrote:
"What is wrong with Mos Eisley Spaceport, part 94"

Wow.

Someone won the 'Nerdiest Star Wars Person EVER' award today!!

Darilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nothing but static
New Zealand
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it looks like a 94

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tscook wrote:
I don't get it.

More information than you'll ever want:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Docking_Bay_94
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.