Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Banks
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After letting this game gather dust for the last year I finally played a game out over the last few nights. Just finished mission 1 last night but not sure if I actually won.

At end of mission I had cleared all C and A rows and had a good order .50 cal sitting on objective 2. However, on objective 1 I only had a LAT - a pinned paralyzed marker under no VOF (it had been mortared). On both objectives the Contact markers had been resolved.

Does this count as a secured objective for ob1? The rules say a card is secure when there are no enemies on the card, and at least one "friendly unit". I would take it that a fireteam or an assault LAT would count, and would not allow it if it was a casualty, but am not sure about a paralyzed unit.

I decided to give myself the win as I had made a number of errors throughout the game which strongly favored the enemy and so thought this was my (admittedly massive) mulligan.

Also, I really want to move on to another mission and use replacements, xp points, and all that other good stuff. I have played Mission 1 four times, but nothing else!

As a side note, the terrain was a dog and I made some very stupid moves early on, plus allowed the enemy to do some things without drawing (such as calling in subsequent fire missions). The result? A total of 14(!) casualty markers, five of which I managed to evacuate by game end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do believe you have the card. You better reinforce it pretty quick though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Banks
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the last turn of the game so I didn't need to!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The war doesn't end just because it's the last turn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Baker
United States
Ocean Springs
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Games with dragons, spaceships, and bears aren’t wargames. Call them conquest games or strategy games or crap but they aren’t wargames.
mbmbmbmbmb
A similiar thread on subject.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/7779534#7779534

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Banks
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like a legit win for me, then!

But at what cost...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.