David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This game has a problem that's not entirely unique to this game, but it shows-up quite often with this game.

I'm trying to get a stronghold games edition of Survive.

What's up for trade/sale? Parker brothers edition.

How do I know which is which by searching on bgg? I don't know.

I look on my trade list, and there are pages and pages of people trading the parker brothers edition.

So maybe trading won't work.

I look for "something on the more expensive side" on bgg and ebay. "Oh, hey, look, this one is 40 bucks...this must surely be the stronghold games version."

Parker brothers.

It's not a real big issue with me. I can wait for the 30th edition...and I have plenty to play for the rest of this year... but how would one go about getting stronghold games version vs. a parker brothers edition on the 2nd-hand market, if they had to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried a Barnes & Noble? Many people (including myself) are having luck finding them there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Greene
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you have a Barnes and Noble close by check there. They may still have a copy for retail price. There's even a coupon for this weekend.

Secondhand would be more difficult. Trading for it here would require geekmail. I didn't have much trouble finding the stronghold version on ebay just by searching survive board game but I didn't like the prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
I can wait for the 30th edition...and I have plenty to play for the rest of this year.

It'll be out in less than a month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stout
United States
Pasadena
CA - California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a Stronghold one on eBay right now, and it is clear that it is such both because of the picture and because of "Stronghold" being in the auction title.

When looking for trades on BGG, I agree that this is an annoying problem in general that I have run into several times: people just need to fill out the "version" info on their games for trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Disgustipater wrote:
bippi wrote:
I can wait for the 30th edition...and I have plenty to play for the rest of this year.

It'll be out in less than a month.

Totally... I'm not so much concerned as I am 'annoyed' by like, say I wanted a stronghold games version.

I've been pretty good about checking the barnes and nobles around here for the latest edition (not even the 30th, just the latest stronghold version)...and I haven't seen them. I'm in the greater Denver area, and we don't let that stuff sit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what you can do, go to a Barnes and Noble service desk and ask them to check stock in nearby stores or just call around your area stores. Some stores have the pre 30th in stock, not all. Maybe some can even transfer one from another store, if it's too far from your town.

bippi wrote:
Totally... I'm not so much concerned as I am 'annoyed' by like, say I wanted a stronghold games version.

I've been pretty good about checking the barnes and nobles around here for the latest edition (not even the 30th, just the latest stronghold version)...and I haven't seen them. I'm in the greater Denver area, and we don't let that stuff sit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.