Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Double-checking to see if I've done anything wrong...

With Romania scoring being in the Late Year deck, it might get shuffled low when combined with the remaining Mid-Year cards and not get drawn before the game ends (correct?)

If the New Years Eve Party occurs, Romania might then not be scored at all.

Do I have this right?

I guess my surprise is that it seems like the full deck does not get depleted before the end of 10 turns. Unless I messed up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yes, you are correct. Actually since democrats have cards to evade scorings, no scoring is assured in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Wigdor
United States
Lake Hiawatha
New Jersey
flag msg tools
It is possible, but rare, that the Late Year deck could be reshuffled on Turn 10. In general, we want to have a few undealt cards left at the end so that there is some doubt in the players' minds about the cards their opponent is holding on Turn 10.

We actually thought a lot about the implications of when and how reshuffles occur, and tracked the results to make sure things were working the way we hoped. The fact that Romania might not be scored is definitely something we considered in all this; indeed, Ted thought it fit in well with the theme and made Romania play the way he wanted to. Of course, even if there's no Power Struggle in a game that goes the full 10 turns, Romania is considered in Final Scoring, so it's not like it doesn't matter at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurtis Swekla
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually we played our first game to the end with Final Scoring and there was no Romanian Scoring card with the shuffling in of late year cards it just was in the bottom. It was actually 3 cards away from being played, but I guess that happens sometimes which is kind of an interesting twist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.