Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this topic in the General Gaming section and I wanted to add my own in the Chit Chat section

What are the (your) morals of revenge?

Here's a story:

My Mom holds a job at McD's and a few years ago, during a remodelling of the building, a fellow employee, early 20's, decided it would be funny to trip my Mother as she walked amongst the construction area inside the building. She fell and practically broke her wrist, hurt her ankle, and had some cuts and bruises otherwise.

I, at the time, was in my mid 20's and all I thought was "I will find this fucker and beat the living shit out of him!"

fast forward to just now, Mom just told me her identity was stolen and her credit card was charged with $4000, etc.. She mentioned the only time she has left her purse unattended, was while at work.

Once again, I all I can think is, I want to beat someone's ass/learn how (or hire someone) to steal their shit and make them feel the anger and frustrations with someone stealing your life for a few days and stressing you out for such a pointless end

I'm generally not violent, but fuck with my Mother, we have an issue (as I am sure most people would feel)

So how far do I go to get revenge (if I can)? Where is the line drawn?

I mean I know I can't commit an illegal crime...

I guess the point of this thread, is to instigate the thoughts of everyone in situations they have been in where they wanted to rip off someone's head, but legally, could not, and how you subsided your urges to really get revenge. (or, if ya want to tell us that you did in fact get your revenge, tell us how so we can all laugh and celebrate with you!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note: If she uses her credit card at all (or especially online or anywhere that they take it out of sight like restaurants), there's about a thousand ways that someone could have stolen her identity and charged $4000. And while her work may be a possible venue for where it was stolen, unless the card was physically missing, I have some doubt that's where the identity theft happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to her, the card was physically stolen. As well as her SSN,and bank acct #
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Djcheddar wrote:
According to her, the card was physically stolen. As well as her SSN,and bank acct #

Well, then that certainly narrows down the possibilities!

You need to help get your mom into a job with better co-workers...

And, yeah, I feel ya. I can't think of anything as extreme as your examples, but there have been times when I had seriously considered how close I could get to breaking the law because of anger. Fortunately, I had a cooler head and didn't even start down that path...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kdiddy13 wrote:
Fortunately, I had a cooler head and didn't even start down that path...

Yeah, fortunately, I have forums to get it off my chest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaky Ulnas
Canada
Steinbach
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Yet feet that wandering have gone
badge
Turn at last to home afar
mbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
After getting in more trouble myself when I tried to get revenge on someone for how they wronged myself or someone I held dear to my heart, I have tried very hard to let things go and just try to be the better person.

I don't always succeed of course, and if anyone ever messed with my kids I would probably hunt that person down and destroy them with vigorous hatred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mbmbmbmbmb
If anybody chimes in with the ole "the best revenge is living well" cliche, ignore them.

The best revenge is going to prison and getting a cell with a learned old man, who will pass on to an education in literature, art and science. Also, before he dies, get him to reveal the secret location of a vast fortune.

Once he dies, trick the prison officials by sequestering yourself in his body-bag to escape prison. Then go track down buried treasure.

Now educated and rich, spend the next ten years allowing your enemies to ingratiate themselves with you. This will allow you to discover the secrets and/or weaknesses.

Now you simply use your vast wealth, power and influence to slowly crush them under the weight of their own nefarious past misdeeds.

That's how you get revenge. Or trust Karma to sort it all out for you. Good luck with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confucius says “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
captkayoss wrote:
If anybody chimes in with the ole "the best revenge is living well" cliche, ignore them.

The best revenge is going to prison and getting a cell with a learned old man, who will pass on to an education in literature, art and science. Also, before he dies, get him to reveal the secret location of a vast fortune.

Once he dies, trick the prison officials by sequestering yourself in his body-bag to escape prison. Then go track down buried treasure.

Now educated and rich, spend the next ten years allowing your enemies to ingratiate themselves with you. This will allow you to discover the secrets and/or weaknesses.

Now you simply use your vast wealth, power and influence to slowly crush them under the weight of their own nefarious past misdeeds.

That's how you get revenge. Or trust Karma to sort it all out for you. Good luck with that.

Remember that the learned old man needs to be considered insane and has been babbling about this treasure for years but nobody believes him except you.

Revenge, Edmond Dantes style...the absolute best story about how to gain vengeance for past wrongs. God bless Monsieur Dumas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A tube of crazy glue fits discretely into your hand, the opening fits into pretty much any lock (for example, the lock on somebody's mother's coworker's car) and with one squeeze the lock is rendered completely useless and has to be replaced at the owner's expense (although I don't know how many times you'd have to do it to add up to 4000). This may not be the bloody beatdown you're fantasizing about but on the other hand if you get caught you won't do multiple years in prison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone once stole my car. I was so incandescent with rage I desperately wanted the car to be found wrapped around a tree with the occupant(s) having died bloody, gruesome deaths.

The car was recovered the next day with no damage at all, nothing stolen, and the goods in the passenger footwell carefully placed in the back seat - at which point I downgraded my desire for brutal revenge down to a desire that they have maybe a really painful pimple in their nose, or maybe an embarrassing rash somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.